Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultra Saber MB Review, all the way from HK  (Read 2244 times)
Serenade
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

« on: February 21, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »

Alright, I stumbled upon Ultrasaber's website about a month ago and had been mesmerized by all the awesome reviews here. But given that I live all the way in Hong Kong, I figured that it would be a real hassle to make such an order, so I had to be really careful with my research just to make sure that I get exactly what I want. Upon reading up a lot of things all over the place, I finally made my first purchase order for a Mystery Box, just to test the waters.

Initially I thought the purchase would arrive within a week or so, but I guess the holiday seasons rush was still piling up for Ultrasaber staff, I waited patiently for my little childhood dream toy to arrive my doorsteps. And then there was the Chinese New Year holiday non-service week for FedEx China, my MB didn't arrive until Yesterday... and here is what arrived:

Despite being exhausted after my 4 hours long Iaido class at 12am, the excitement of seeing the box absolutely overwhelmed me.

Saw something white on the wrapping and I was like... uh oh... is this the well-rumored "congratulations tag"?  Shocked And...

SCOREEEEEEEE!!! Happy Chinese New Year gift from Ultrasabers! (Big thanks to "Mike" too!!!)

The saber turned out to be the Bellicose with Guardian Blue, Premium Sound and Silver AV switch.

Now, down with the review:
Structure: The aluminum finish is very sturdy with a lot of details on the hilt, the buttons are also set up at the right positions to avoid discomfort for two hands handle. The slits in between provide a lot firmer grip, but they are also less comfy on the hand for people with thinner or softer skin. (This should become better after frequent usage.)
Blade: Since I am practicing Iaido, there is a good chance that my dojo friends are gonna use this for combat, hence I went for the heavy grade UltraEdge. This adds up a lot of weight to the overall saber. The very long length makes the whole structure very heavy on the hand. This should be around the same weight as my actual katana, and is sturdy enough to take a couple hits.
Light and Sound: The blade is not as noisy as I thought it would be and is just right. As i have read on a couple of posts, the light looks great on video and photos, but is actually a lot less lightsaber-ish under daylight conditions. Once you turn off the lights though... the vibrancy shoots through the roof. I would highly recommend anyone purchasing their sabers to at least get one with sound, it just can't go wrong!

The Mystery Box is most definitely a great addition if you are a first timer, highly recommended. All my dojo friends who saw the pictures are already itching to get one themselves. Overall, I am more than satisfied with my first purchase, and I am likely to further buy from Ultrasabers in the future. (The Graflex... I am sooooo in love...)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:31:11 AM »

Awesome, that is one good looking saber.  As soon as I saw you got a Mike, I knew it was going to be special.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Diesel
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -91

Give Yourself To The Dark Side

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 04:43:55 AM »

Great looking saber. I've been eyeing that one myself. Enjoy.

Chosen One CE, Diamond
Graflex CE
Fulcrum, diamond
Manticore, custom install
Menace. custom install
Dark Menace, custom install
Raven, custom install
Guardian, emerald, obsidian v4 sound
Scorpion, red w/silver FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Dark Initiate le v3, red w/va FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Aeon le v4, artic blue
Dark Sentinel v4, quad green, custom sound

Darth_Eclipse
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:51:54 AM »

Awesome and congrats on a heck of a mystery box pull, enjoy

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 04:59:31 AM »

That is a fantastic pull, Bellicose with a blue blade = delicious.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »

Hi.  Very nice review.  I got the same Bellicose set up from a $200 MB.  There's a popular YT Irish gal who has a Belli stunt saber and loves hers.  Does a lot of practice and sparring with it as she is a founding member of the Ludo Sport Ireland chapter.  Smiley

xin nian kuaile  ( Happy Chinese New Year )

prosperity year of the dog point  Cheesy

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »

Wow congrats on the saber, a great pull from a $75 MB! I think that is one if the best looking sabers from US.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 02:59:34 PM »

Fantastic saber, congrats!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Serenade
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 04:30:09 PM »

Thanks guys! I am a Canadian Chinese living in HK hahaha...
The only trouble I have now, is finding the right charger, which seems to be a rather rare commodity here... (I know eh...? they dun have a radioshack here...) The light does seem a little dim by default, so I am gonna check whether that will improve after a full on charged setup and let you guys know Wink

TemplarDroid
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -31

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »

WoW, just WoW, great MB pull!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »

Thanks guys! I am a Canadian Chinese living in HK hahaha...
The only trouble I have now, is finding the right charger, which seems to be a rather rare commodity here... (I know eh...? they dun have a radioshack here...) The light does seem a little dim by default, so I am gonna check whether that will improve after a full on charged setup and let you guys know Wink

If you still are having difficulties finding a charger let me know and I will send you a PM to a hopefully helpful information source.  Radio Shack closed down in Canada last year.  Smiley

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »

Wow great pull!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

Serenade
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 07:52:06 AM »

If you still are having difficulties finding a charger let me know and I will send you a PM to a hopefully helpful information source.  Radio Shack closed down in Canada last year.  Smiley

Thanks for the offer Dauntless! That's super kind of you!
Luckily I found a charger Today running at around USD25, a pretty good one too actually... with LED display and everything.
I was even modifying the sounds yesterday on the V3 Obsidian Sound Board, but still find the default sounds to be the best out of all.

DizB
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »

Wow! Awesome pull.  Welcome to world of the coolest sabers on the planet.  Have fun!

To truly become a complete Jedi one must fully understand the power and potential of the dark side.

Jovvi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light Side Points, Please

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 04:36:48 PM »

Awesome review and nice mystery box score.  I liked all the detail you provide - makes getting a bellicose inviting.
Point
Cheers!

The Old Broad with a Dog
May the Force be with us all

"The hare runs into the fire. The fire, it loves her, she is free..."  - "Tiffany" - I Shall Wear Midnight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: