Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Modifying Saber Color  (Read 1076 times)
NavyDocFaust
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« on: February 21, 2018, 02:32:49 PM »

Good morning,

Other than soldering in a new color of LED (which I don't know how to do) are there any other ways anyone can think of to alter my blade color at all i.e. filters/lenses? I currently have red LED's in both of my sabers. Any information would be greatly appreciated and may the Schwartz be with you!

~Darth Nautilus (Trying out sith names since I keep getting red sabers lol)

Navy Hospital Corpsman First Class Petty Officer (Fleet Marine Force)

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »

Filters would be the only way to go. You can buy them from US tho I heard they were meh. People have recommended LEE Filters swatch book

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »

With a red LED, you're not going to be able to do much aside from swapping out the LED.  Soldering isn't all that hard, it's a pretty worthwhile skill to learn if you're interested.  If not, you can always shoot me a PM, and we can discuss switching it for another color.  I do that kind of stuff all the time, so it would be an easy job.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:04:57 PM »

In my experience, dayblades can alter a red LED saber better than color filters but still red is very hard to change.  You can get dayblades with or without diffusion film from others.  I usually get them without to save money and just roll some cellophane inside for the diffusion film.  Of course nothing will beat swapping the LED, in which case I would also add quick disconnects for continued future swapping.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: