Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 3 Mystery Boxes (1 guaranteed sound)  (Read 1098 times)
Darth Falcain
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: February 21, 2018, 03:26:31 PM »

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting and I wanted to share with you the results from my 3 mystery boxes. Two of them were the $75 dollar boxes and the third one was one guaranteed with sound.

1st box: Dominix V4 Green stunt saber (vents, guarded switch, standard battery)---- $74.99

This was the first one I opened and it was love at first sight. The hilt is really well made and I love the design. It's really well balanced and is easy to swing around. The Green/Black combo isn't something I would have picked for myself, but it started to grow on my very quickly. Overall, I was very happy with this saber.

2nd box: Apprentice V4 Green stunt saber (vents, guarded switch, standard battery) ---- $64.99-74.99?

For this one, I was happy to get something silver as I was hoping to get a variety. The machining of the aluminum looks very nice and its very sharp when the light catches it. It's much lighter in weight than the Dominix which isn't surprising as it's a few inches shorter. One thing that had confused me was that this one didn't seem to be worth $75 at first. Trying to rebuild it on the page, it looks like $10 of the value is coming from the blade because 24' inches is standard? I had opted for the ultra-edge heavy grade on both sabers for an extra $10. On my Dominix V4 the same blade costs $10. On this saber, it's $20 of the value... This was honestly a bit of a bummer and kinda seemed like they create a blade length "upcharge" so they can justify sending a cheaper hilt. I guess it would have been nice if it had an AV switch or something. I think I'll end up using this saber to experiment and try custom weathering it.

3rd box (sound): Dark Sentinel LE V4 Green with lite sound (vents, AV switch, flash on clash, standard battery) ---- $229.99

First thought... 3 green sabers in a row?? Second thought, This hilt is beautiful. I really like the contrast of the silver trim and I'm happy that it's very distinct from the Dominix (which I love). I was also happy to see this one with an AV switch and it's definitely nicer than the guarded. The sound is awesome! I honestly wasn't expecting it to be that loud and sound so nice. It's very good at picking up movement and is pretty accurate. The flash on clash was unexpected because the hand-writing on the package was difficult to read lol. It's a really cool feature and makes clashing with the sabers a lot more fun. Does anybody know if I'm able to change the FOC color? It's the standard silver now which looks totally fine. I just wanted to know if changing it was an option. My only criticism of this saber is that for some reason it has a rechargeable port that is non-functional. I think that's a bit of a weird choice and would have preferred if it wasn't there at all. Overall, extremely pleased with the saber!  Grin

In summary, I think I've scratched my mystery box itch. I'm very happy with the Dominix and Sentinel and feel like I got full value plus the added excitement of being surprised. I feel a little let-down with the apprentice and I'm not really convinced it's a $75 value. I think if it was a color other than green, it wouldn't bother me at all. Maybe it's just incredible odds or maybe they had a lot of extra green LEDs. Don't get me wrong though; green looks awesome. I'm taking my own complaint with a grain of salt because it's a mystery box and I knew going in that this was a possibility.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:53:39 PM »

Very nice 200 mb.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »

Hi.  You certainly have a positive attitude regarding the reality of those MB.  Glad that you scored a sound one.  But all three in CG... that would test anyone's inner fortitude... dark sider or not !  Wink

If you have concerns about any of your MB please address this with US... as mistakes can be made.  Also let them know that you do not like the look of the rp as more are being found non-working on MB sabers.  I think that they could put a flush short screw in the pre-drilled rp hole instead... but not totally positive on that.

customerservice@ultrasabers.com  

The good news is that you can purchase the US plastic color discs or even better a theatrical gel color filter sample book from Lee or Roscolux.  You can make some really nice shades of green which will change the FoC color to more of a yellow.  Here's a few pics of mine. Start with CG then a yellow gel filter to make it more toxic and finally a yellow flash which is the end product of the combined colors.

Darth Falcain
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:47 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions Dauntless! That custom saber you made looks fantastic!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:00:32 PM »

Three in CG that's crazy. But since good looking sabers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:01 AM »

Definitely some kind of odds beaten on getting all three in CG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: