Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Menace disassembly?  (Read 1012 times)
KelbornX
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: February 21, 2018, 06:21:07 PM »

Hello all, I recently got in an "empty" Menace CE hilt that I purchased secondhand.  It's not really an "empty" hilt though, as it appears that the previous owner simply ripped out the battery pack leaving the switch and LED still in there. 

I planned on doing my own custom install with it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the LED module out.  I removed all the screws/greeblies (yes, even the blade retention screws under the shroud piece) thinking that one of them was holding it in place, but... it just... "jiggles" where it sits just below the blade holder.  If the black blade holder or any other part of the hilt is supposed to unscrew... well, it would appear I don't have enough elbow grease for that. 

If anyone has any tips, they'd be much appreciated. 

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »

Yes the emitter on that saber is removable. The emitter is holding the LED in so that has to be removed first.

Try using some WD-40 to help un screw it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KelbornX
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »

Which area is supposed to unthread?  The blue box or the yellow box (under the o-ring)?  They both LOOK like they have a seam, but feeling inside it could be either. 

DavidYaw
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 12:39:42 AM »

Blue box.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 12:41:35 AM »

Hi Kelborn. Cheesy  D7 here.  I've PM'd hazard502 to get him to explain to you how to take the Menace emitter apart and any other of your questions.  He had my saber plus has another Menace.  Smiley

Feel free to PM haz as I have already advised him.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:13:31 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

KelbornX
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 01:44:33 AM »

Thanks!  That definitely helps knowing WHERE it's supposed to come apart at.  It looked like a seam under the o-ring so I've been trying there... lol

Hi Kelborn. Cheesy  D7 here.  I've PM'd Hazard502 to get him to explain to you how to take the Menace emitter apart and any other of your questions.  He had my saber plus has another Menace.  Smiley

Feel free to PM Haz as I have already advised him.  Smiley

Heyyyy... I know you  Wink  Probably gonna tackle this over the weekend, I'll definitely reach out to him if I have any more trouble with it.  

EDIT:  SUCCESS!  Found pliers with a large enough jaw and managed to get it off.  Thanks everyone! 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »

It's the least I can do Kel for all the assistance you have given me.  Connect with Haz if you don't already know him.  He can talk about saber customizations and collections for a long time... almost as much as you.  lol  Grin

Oh... the emitter pieces are a little tricky with realigning so that the sleeve and underlay do not get stuck on a retention screw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEWaLTcmlJk

This from another saber friend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwVsYqIR4zo
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:06:06 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 03:58:51 AM »

Hi Kelborn, welcome here to the forums!

Well you're off to the races then.  LOVE my Menace and I'm excited to see any progress along your journey of making this one your own.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: