Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flamberge V2 Emitter Stuck!  (Read 809 times)
LiamLiammo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: February 22, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »

Hey guys,
I was recently using my Flamberge and the screws inside the emitter came loose, causing my blade to fall out. This normally wouldn't be a problem, however, the emitter is now stuck in the hilt and I have had no luck whatsoever getting it to move. Any advice or tricks I can use to get the emitter loose? I'm using the standard emitter by the way.
Thanks

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:47:25 PM »

Please post pictures so we can see the issue

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:27:37 AM »

This sucks Liam, I have a Flamberge as well and I've been concerned about the same issue.

I'm looking at my Flamberge emitter now, and with it screwed in all the way you should have access to two of the three set screws with your allen wrench.

Obviously have those screwed in and out of the way. As for the one that's backed out stuck with no access to it ... I'm afraid you'll just have to muscle it around (worst news ever I know).

You could take out the other set screws an stick your wrench (or equivalent) through the other holes to get leverage to turn the emitter ... but you might fudge the threads if you do that.

Sorry, don't have any other ideas atm.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

LiamLiammo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 06:13:02 AM »

Thanks so much, Hazard!
Removing a set screw and using the hole for leverage worked perfectly!
I think the problem wasn't so much that a screw had backed out too far (though this was the catalyst for the actual problem), but that I'd screwed the emitter in very tightly and, without the blade inserted, I had no way of applying force to the emitter to remove it. Also, I'd left the tightly-screwed emitter in for 2 months while I was on holiday, so it had kind of settled into its place the way threads tend to do.
Thanks again! Lightside points to you!

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »

Oh that's excellent!  You're most welcome Smiley  I just broke free two MHS parts that were thread locked for the same reason as you described - woo hoo freedom!  Cheesy

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 07:19:25 AM »

Add just a small amount of machining oil to the threads to keep it from getting stuck again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »

Yes, to tx we must listen  Smiley

I do have some actually and the parts that locked together was what prompted me to pick up a tube lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: