Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best Blade For Sentinel Yellow  (Read 4285 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: February 23, 2018, 03:18:25 AM »

So IF I'm able to go next week, might go for a first Sentinel Yellow blade saber and was wondering which is the best blade type? Like if I'm able to go for the convention next week. I always joke and say I have all blade colors for the Harry Potter houses so Tongue Blazing Red for Gryffindor, Arctic Blue for Ravenclaw, Consular Green for Slytherin. Will also be getting me a newer Blazing Red blade there too so Tongue I was thinking either regular standard blade or Ultra Edge but not too too sure, for the Sentinel Yellow anyway. Was thinking an Aeon V4 LE would be a good combo to do =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:24:42 AM »

Aeon LE, or Shock LE would be good choices hilt wise-Gold accents to go with the yellow blade
I'd say go Ultra Edge. Looks good on my Raven SY staff

Darth_Umbrus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 03:25:15 AM »

It’s an “eye of the beholder” thing, but I’ve seen a lot of folks here say that the warmer colors (reds, oranges, yellows) are more vibrant in standard midgrade/ heavy grade blades. The Ultraedge tends to wash them out a bit, as opposed to the cooler colors.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 03:31:15 AM »

Nice. I was looking through the yellow blade pics and saw the same set up I'm wanting, page 32, but I'll be going for a black av switch and covertech wheel =] I'll be able to try both blade types in person so. I know you guys don't mind me posting with my one off custom Sith saber but yeah, needing something newer from here too Tongue Thinking either Bane or Bellicose as well or Monarch even or whatever they happen to have at the time. When I get all the blade colors though I'll post a goofy pic with some of the wands I find appropriate with the sabers Tongue I do that all the time so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 04:20:41 AM »

Also if I can go, since the tickets would probably come in late anyway if we ordered them now, can I pay at the convention doors still or would I have to have the passes by now? x.x Was just thinking of this. If so then I'll just settle for the Luke saber for now. My mom is going to replace one of my stolen sabers later in the summer anyway so. Wont get into details much on that unless if people gets curious. So hopefully all the holiday/new movie orders will have somewhat died down by then

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 04:37:57 AM »

Count me as one saying the ROY end of the spectrum definitely looks better in non-ultraedge blades.  I personally include Bane's Heart and Hot Pink in the "definite" group too.  I've run through all of the colors on my Diamond sabers with both standard and ultraedge blades and that was my opinion at least.  The colors just seem more vibrant, though you do end up with the "light in a tube" look.  Worth it in my opinion, and for what it's worth I also think VA and DVA look better in non-ultraedge though they are a nearer thing.  Just my two cents, YMMV.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »

I agree with what Ktulu1347 on all of this.
I think that all the warm colors look much better in the standard blades IMO. Because the ultra-edge blades wash out the colors an give them a cream sicile look that i don't care for.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:56:17 PM »

I prefer the regular blades for my SY sabers.  And the Aeon V4 looks great in SY.  :-)

My Aeon V4 LE in SY is in the middle.  First with room lights up so you can see the hilts, second darkened, so you can see the blades as they appear to the eye.  These are all mid-grade blades.
The colors are: Sun Rider's Destiny in the Guardian (left).  Sentinel Yellow in the Aeon V4 (center).  Adegan Silver in the Dominix V4 LE (right).

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »

Karmack, blade lengths there, 36, 36, 32?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 11:21:37 PM »

Yes.   All three are mid-grade standard blades with round tips.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 11:29:20 PM »

Still a no go though so u.u Really sucks x.x Only time I'd ever be able to see the guys in person and maybe meet some of you too. Oh well Tongue

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 01:17:56 AM »

That's rough to hear man.  Sorry.  If it's any consolation, I am easy to get to see in the fall.  Come to the Ohio Renaissance Festival.  LOL

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »

Sorry, you will not be able to come.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 01:41:19 AM »

I live somewhat all the way up north now so no ren fairs for me x.x

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 01:43:17 AM »

I live somewhat all the way up north now so no ren fairs for me x.x

Pish posh, this state's not that big.  I'm way up north as well, in Lorain.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: