Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 1311 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« on: February 23, 2018, 05:57:45 AM »

Ok folks, I got my first mystery box and it was the dominix Le V4. It had an AV switch Windowed emitter and it had a charging port on the back. It's in counselor green and I absolutely love it. So my question is, do I go for a $200 mystery box with guaranteed sound or do I simply order the saber that I want, the emperor's hand. What do you think?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth_Umbrus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:27:57 AM »

That’s the intrigue. You could go with the mystery box and pull an Emperor’s Hand, but then again, you could wind up with another saber with the exact same hilt you already have... I’d go with the one you want if you wanna guarantee what it is you get...

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:13:27 AM »

To me, the question to ask yourself is,  "If I order the $200 mystery saber, and don't get the Emperor's Hand, will I be disappointed?"  If the answer is no, then I say roll the dice.  If the answer is yes, and you can afford to order the EH the way you really want it, go that route.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 01:33:59 AM »

To me, the question to ask yourself is,  "If I order the $200 mystery saber, and don't get the Emperor's Hand, will I be disappointed?"  If the answer is no, then I say roll the dice.  If the answer is yes, and you can afford to order the EH the way you really want it, go that route.

+1!

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:51:53 AM »

Right on the money here.
While I've had decent luck with the three MBs I've purchased, I've basically sworn off them in favor of just getting the sabers I actually want.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 10:49:50 AM »

IMO, I believe in getting the saber you really want at the time. The gamble is not worth it to me but again that is just my opinion.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 10:41:01 PM »

Thank you all I appreciate your advice. I think I'm going to take it. The emperor's hand will be mine. I'm not going to swear off the mystery boxes though, as I absolutely love them and I think they're really cool. But I am definitely going to order the emperor's hand now. May the force be with you as well.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 01:20:50 AM »

Oh yes - pls do get the precise saber w the configuration that meets your personal preferences!  0 probability to be disappointed in this instance. 

Good Luck Bro!

Kai

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 03:42:26 AM »

Hi.  Mystery boxes are good for those just starting to get some sabers and for those that have a more extensive collection that usually contains most or all of the specific sabers that they want.  A MB is never a good choice if someone already knows what they really want... as this one for future reasons may be the last saber that you get.  Smiley

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -82

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:29:41 AM »

I had a very similar delima before I made My last purchase. I wanted a mystery box so bad after watching 100s of openings on YouTube. I was torn between a $200 MB or 3 $75 MB. After going back and forth 100 times and getting lots of advice from forum members I ended up saving a little more money and buying an incredible saber that I really wanted and I couldn't be happier. I actually havnt even revived it yet but I know it's awesome and no mystery box can satisfy you if you already have your eyes on a specific saber. Just go for the one you want and you won't be disappointed

Try not!...do, or do not.. there is no try.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: