Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: DIY adding sound to Aeon V4/Dominix V4  (Read 1606 times)
Creative Force
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 31

« on: February 23, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »

I have two stunt sabers and I've been playing with the idea of adding sound to one of them. I know that I can send my stunt saber back to US to have sound added, but the idea of doing it myself is really appealing. ( After all, one cannot truly become a Jedi if you don't craft your own weapon. Wink).
So my question would be; has anyone done this conversion with this type of body (Aeon V4 or Dominix V4)? Is there anything in particular that I should look out for?
I am fairly decent at soldering and have a pretty good grasp of basic electronics so no worries there.
My big concerns are getting to the switch since this body doesn't have a removable emitter/blade holder and defining which heat sink would work with this set up?
Any help would be appreciated!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:17:05 AM »

The AV switch is hot glued in, but you will need a new one to run the sound board. The heat sink the LED is already in so work just fine. Depending on the battery set up you go with you may need another resistor or buck puck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Creative Force
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »

Thanks TX! Didn't realize the AV switch was just glued in, that will definitely make the tear down easier. Now I just have to decide if I want to do the same with the new switch (have to change from a latching to a momentary) or try to use the nut.
It looks like the whole led module (heat sink included) from TCSS will fit in the hilt.

Creative Force
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »

Oh, one more question. One of the hilts has a guarded switch, how much difference is in the hole if I wanted to go with an AV switch instead? Or is there a way of creating some sort of adapter? Or is it not worth the headache and I should just stick with the guarded style? Thanks!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »

Oh, one more question. One of the hilts has a guarded switch, how much difference is in the hole if I wanted to go with an AV switch instead? Or is there a way of creating some sort of adapter? Or is it not worth the headache and I should just stick with the guarded style? Thanks!
I'm not sure how much difference but for sure there is one. US uses a 16mm AV switch , at TCSS you can buy a 12mm AV switch. Not sure if it will fit perfect or not. Maybe somebody else gets knows the size of the hole for the guarded switch is you could email US.

Creative Force
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 05:55:05 PM »

On the US pages it says the Guarded Switch uses a 7/16" hole, while the AV switch uses a 5/8" hole. That would mean I just need to drill a larger hole to accommodate the AV switch, which is very doable. (I have access to a drill press). Man, I'm really falling down the rabbit hole here.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »

Gotta love rabbit holes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: