Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Charger Help  (Read 983 times)
cceller
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: February 25, 2018, 01:22:25 AM »

Just received a Mystery Box, Aeon with windowed emitter, green LED, nice switch, and a charging port. Since I have a charging port I need to know which charger I need to pick up.

Best suggestion?

Thanks!

Star Wars Fan / Saber Noob

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 03:30:19 AM »

Hi.  Unfortunately the recharge port is non-functioning.  You have not mentioned what batteries are in your saber or if it is a stunt or has sound.  If it's a stunt saber or an ObsLite that takes x4 AAA batteries... you don't need a charger unless you start using rechargeable NiMH alkaline batteries.  If it has the Li-Ion batteries and an Obsidian v3 or v4 board... then you will need to purchase and only use a Li-Ion battery charger.  US sells the Xtar v2 which is a really good brand.

Hope this helps.  Smiley

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:16:54 AM »

If the mystery box saber has a Li-Ion battery setup and recharge port installed (which might be pretty rare, as yours is the only one I've heard of...) then the charger you need is this one:
https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-electronics-1.2acharger.htm

It's a Li-Ion charger with a 2.1mm plug that fits the recharge ports that US installs.
It's the 1.2a version, which will allow you to keep the saber on while plugged in and charging, providing the worlds most awesome night-light. A stand or mount is recommended for this, but a saber with sound, but without a mute function, is not. Here's a couple of the one I made for one of my Diamond sabers (note the recharge cable in the third one). This was basically a proof-of-concept, but it turned out fairly well. There's a couple of things I'd fix but it's good enough until I get around to doing another one Smiley.

The XTAR VC2 is for charging the batteries outside the saber.

No Ultrasabers (at least at this time, AFAIK) use USB as a recharge source (I think mainly because of voltage issues with USB voltage being generally 5v and most US Li-Ion battery setups being 7.4v) so any USB connections you have on a saber soundboard are data only.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:11:43 PM »

When I got my raffle prize, it had a recharge port and the correct batteries (NOT AAA). I just picked one up on US and now I'm hooked (literally, once you use the recharge port, you'll never want to go back to the hassle of pulling the batteries out all the time)

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: