Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: REOPENED Board not operating as expected  (Read 2475 times)
PETSBUD
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

Luke will always be the best Skywalker.

« on: February 26, 2018, 06:00:24 PM »

Hey all, I'm a newbie so I may be missing something here, but I got a scorpion with emerald and sound in my MB last week. I've been having a lot of fun with it but can't seem to change the built in sound fonts. The board doesn't say which Obsidian it is, and I don't have a cable yet to plug it in, that should be here tomorrow, so I'm not sure what board it is, but I assumed it came preloaded with more than one. Holding the button while the saber is off just causes it to cycle on off with no menu prompts. The only time I hear a prompt is after installing new batteries- I hear "Obsidian" and that's it.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Proud recipient of a Dominix LE V4 Consular Green Grab Bag and a Scorpion with Emerald Driver and Sound Mystery Box! Another MB coming in the near future.

MTFBWY

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:36:49 PM »

It seems that you have an Obsidian v3 board if there's a USB port, no prompt and no font cycling. A v4 would give you different tag sounds, and an Obsidian Lite doesn't have a USB port.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

PETSBUD
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »

Ah, so I have a v3. I have the USB port. So the v3 can store only one font at a time then?

Proud recipient of a Dominix LE V4 Consular Green Grab Bag and a Scorpion with Emerald Driver and Sound Mystery Box! Another MB coming in the near future.

MTFBWY

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 08:58:20 PM »

Yes V3 can only store one at a time but you can still change it using a computer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »

^That's correct Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

PETSBUD
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 04:25:04 AM »

Thanks Guys! Now I'll know what I've got when the cord gets here.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

MTFBWY

PETSBUD
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »

So I've played around with the lights and understand how that works, but when I plug my saber's sound board into the computer, it doesn't recognize it.

MTFBWY

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 08:02:43 PM »

What's your OS and which USB port do you use? Under Win 10, only use USB 2.0 ports, and (although I don't have any issues) I recommend using a self-powered USB 2.0 hub for connecting. It's known that Win 10 is quite bitchy when it comes to Obsidian and/or Emerald recognition...but these are workarounds that work for most users.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: