Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stories From Table Top Adventures  (Read 2638 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« on: March 02, 2018, 05:56:44 AM »

I was enjoying a pint with a friend and trading tales of fantastic heroics and thought that there might be some tales to be shared here.

I wanna start out with the tale of Horace The Horrible Bard. I was playing in a "Make it fun, but You have to convince me" campaign with a group of my dads friends. So I decided to play a dwarf bard named Horace that plays the piano. Yes, you read that right, the piano. I was told that I wouldn't be able to find a piano in every bar, so I found a "lightweight" example of a piano and spent all of my wealth on it. most of the encounters were spent with Horace hanging out in the back healing and other support stuff, but one battle was different. we were getting the jump on a camp of goblin raiders and were watching them from a hilltop overlooking their camp, as we were discussing logistics and spell ranges it occured to me that I could roll my piano down the hill and ride it into battle like a noble, musical, wooden warhorse. With some laughter we line up my piano to hit a huddle of goblins and push it off. I hit the huddle and was suddenly in the thick of the battle with a goblin pinned under my piano and another pinned between my piano and a tree. in the ensuing battle three more goblins were smashed against my piano, or had their heads repeated smashed by the keyboard cover, or beaten with the piano bench that I carried on my back.
   When all was said and done Horace's poor piano was at its end and would no longer fit to be used for the creation of music. So the goblin corpses were looted for gold, piled about the piano, and were put to the torch. Horace never managed to replace his piano before he passed away. . . at the hands of a particularly large "house cat".

EDIT: I hate touchy touch pads.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »

This topic is a really good idea as sometimes, i need some ideas for my own campaigns Wink

Have to translate some of mine and i will share here too ...

It is mainly D&D so, heroic fantasy Wink

And Frizz, i love your first story !!! Point for sharing Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 11:11:24 PM »

Table top games always seemed a bit confusing. But fun.  Never got to play any.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »

Table top games always seemed a bit confusing. But fun.  Never got to play any.

You should find some friends and the D&D 5E Beginner set, 5E is pretty good for getting new players into the game and the beginner set comes with pre-made characters and a quick adventure with all of the guidance you need to run it, or a simple rules light game like Tombstone, which primarily uses D6s and is pretty free form (I only have one quick Tombstone game under my belt). It is a little overwhelming at first but once you get going it gets a lot easier.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 04:00:30 PM »

You should find some friends and the D&D 5E Beginner set, 5E is pretty good for getting new players into the game and the beginner set comes with pre-made characters and a quick adventure with all of the guidance you need to run it, or a simple rules light game like Tombstone, which primarily uses D6s and is pretty free form (I only have one quick Tombstone game under my belt). It is a little overwhelming at first but once you get going it gets a lot easier.

Friends?  I don't know this word Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 09:13:22 PM »

Friends?  I don't know this word Tongue

Grin

Role playing games are for fun and for role playing first ... The story telling is the most important IMO. The rules are just for action management. You have game systems with realistic rules and other systems with very simple rules ...

If you love story telling and use your imagination to live adventure as an other person (or as yourself) ... Role playing games are made for you Wink

But yes, you need some friends other players  Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 12:34:02 AM »

Well, my latest character has passed away.

Poor Allard the ranger was a victim of a trap seen by our @$$hole rogue, Chuck (yes, really), but not reported, it went something like this.

We had just fought our way through some sentries, at mich point my 20 hit points were reduced to 6, but I was not the worst off and we decided to hold off on healing to ensure that our cleric would have spell slots to heal later in the dungeon (and in hopes that the rest of the enemies have a lower rate of criticals, seriously, Bert's dice were on fire.)

DM: Roll investigation to Czech for traps.
C: I rolled a total of 19.
DM: okay, you see a trip wire that disappears through a hole in the wall. Do you want to try to deactivate it?
C: Out of game, Chuck is neutral good, he just looks out for himself with out hurting others.
DM: . . . okay. . .
C: So no, I am leaving it. C'mon guys.
DM: okay, as the rest of you pass the tripwire. . . Chuck, did you tell them?
C: No.
DM and the rest of us: Really?
C: Yeah, you guys were watching.
DM: Dex checks as you go through.
Fern the Wood elf druid: 17.
Frollich the Hill Dwarf Cleric of the Life Domain: 16.
Allard The Half Elf Ranger: 9. (a five on the die)
Harold The Human Barbarian: 16.
DM: Alright, you all make it past until Allard. Alard, you feel something hit your ankle and as you stumble there is a click and grinding noise. Make a dex saving throw to catch yourself as the floor tile at your feet falls away.
A: 13. (a nine on the die)
DM: (looking a little bit anxious) You fall through the newly created hole in the ground and. . . let me check the book really quick. . . (rolls a bunch of dice). . . and take 27 points of fall damage.
A: welp, thats insta-death.

there was a chorus of gasps and another discussion of "Looking out for yourself doesn't have to mean that you are an @$$hole.", and I am working on my next character, which will be a fighter with a longbow.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:27 PM »

Oh this could be fun.

Okay character death, we were playing a game set between WW1 and WW2 but with magic awakening. Any way we are in a bit of a fire fight when the guy manning the 50cal on the halftrack gets dominated by the enemy wizard. I just happened to be between him and the enemy so ate a bunch of rounds in the back.

Part the second: D&D we got caught sneaking through a nest of juvenile red dragons, so here we are all lined up like guiltty school children while these dragons decide what to do with us. I have a sudden idea and from the side of my mouth say to the mage "ink" he looks at me for like two seconds and pours it onto my hand I then gasp and say "Oh my could it possibly be right there" and step up to the littlest dragon pointing at its chest before making a nice hand print "it is, look it is the mark of tiamat!" DM asks for a bluff check, natural 20. At this point the guy playing the mage steps in, he was a really smooth fast talker and he starts laying it on. DM gets a bluff check from him, natural 20. Pretty soon we have the little dragons against the bigger dragons and the brawl is on at which point we book it. We laughed so bloody hard I had a headache, good times.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: