Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box Reveal and Review  (Read 2954 times)
BigWolfe
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« on: March 02, 2018, 06:21:20 AM »

So my kids asked me, What's for dinner Dad? I said Wookie Steak. They asked, Is it any Good?? I replied, Its a little Chewie!!!  

Hello from the Dark Side,
Joe here for a Mystery Box reveal and review of my first Ultra Saber!! Here are the links to my video review. Yes I said Links. I should have planned a bit better but oh well. The first I reveal and in the second I turn it on. Here are the links so you can check those out. https://youtu.be/p6HuCRdLJXQ and https://youtu.be/X7iUcKwM7d8

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6HuCRdLJXQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6HuCRdLJXQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7iUcKwM7d8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7iUcKwM7d8</a>

So this is my first review of Ultra Saber, I have been wanting a light saber for years now. I have been poking around the web trying to gather info, get some sort semblance of the sabers, how they sound, look, more importantly how they feel.  I was going back and fourth between two companies and low and behold my sister calls me and sways my vote. She was able to mess around with a few at a friends house. Said they were awesome, the sound was fantastic and just felt really good to hold. I didn't wait that much longer before ordering a 75$ mystery box very late one night.  I was so excited when the box showed up, met the mail lady at the door.  I already had set up the video camera and all my stuff. Fired open the box and out rolls an awesome, Sentinal V4, Silver with upgraded on/off switch, which looks awesome. I really like the windows and the overall look. It feels fantastic swinging it around my house. I was very surprised at the color, Blazing Red. It just looks Great in the dark!!! MY birthday is coming up and I hope to get another Saber. My only real complaint is the recharge port. I read a few other reviews and saw US response. I understand why it is there but it is kinda annoying, a bit sharp and right in the way of handling. Other than that i'm all in.  After having the saber for a week or so I ordered two blade grab bags. One is 24", this will be much better to swing around my house- lol  less chance of hitting something. Also another longer blade, ordered mainly because of the shipping charges, but also hoped it would be a different style blade.  Thanks for watching the videos and reading my review.  

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:25:05 PM by Lord Rapine » Logged

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »

Awesomeness!

Hey there BigWolfe (Joe),

I embedded your vids, but also left the links, so as not to wreck your post. Wink

Nice snag on the Sentinel!  That's a great hilt.  SOOO comfortable.

Blazing Red blade too - score.

-1 for Dark Side. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »

Nice saber! -1 for the red love

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Diesel
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -91

Give Yourself To The Dark Side

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 12:59:37 AM »

Nice saber. You should get one with sound cause it puts the whole experience of having a saber over the top. I like your SW collection.

Chosen One CE, Diamond
Graflex CE
Fulcrum, diamond
Manticore, custom install
Menace. custom install
Dark Menace, custom install
Raven, custom install
Guardian, emerald, obsidian v4 sound
Scorpion, red w/silver FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Dark Initiate le v3, red w/va FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Aeon le v4, artic blue
Dark Sentinel v4, quad green, custom sound

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:06:56 AM »

Can't go wrong with a red blade, congratz!

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 07:00:30 AM »

Nice job getting a Blazing Red Sentinel.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 07:01:53 AM »

What's up ! Welcome to the forum. Nice score on the MB. Love the red. Looking forward to more videos.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 07:37:41 AM »

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the videos.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ProDadoune
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 56

May the Force be with you!

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »

Nice video, enjoy that first US!

OWNED: Graflex CE (Diamond), Dark initiate LE V4 amber (stunt), Chosen One SE blazing red (Obsidian v4 sound)

NavyDocFaust
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »

So my kids asked me, What's for dinner Dad? I said Wookie Steak. They asked, Is it any Good?? I replied, Its a little Chewie!!!  

Hello from the Dark Side,
Joe here for a Mystery Box reveal and review of my first Ultra Saber!! Here are the links to my video review. Yes I said Links. I should have planned a bit better but oh well. The first I reveal and in the second I turn it on. Here are the links so you can check those out. https://youtu.be/p6HuCRdLJXQ and https://youtu.be/X7iUcKwM7d8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6HuCRdLJXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7iUcKwM7d8

So this is my first review of Ultra Saber, I have been wanting a light saber for years now. I have been poking around the web trying to gather info, get some sort semblance of the sabers, how they sound, look, more importantly how they feel.  I was going back and fourth between two companies and low and behold my sister calls me and sways my vote. She was able to mess around with a few at a friends house. Said they were awesome, the sound was fantastic and just felt really good to hold. I didn't wait that much longer before ordering a 75$ mystery box very late one night.  I was so excited when the box showed up, met the mail lady at the door.  I already had set up the video camera and all my stuff. Fired open the box and out rolls an awesome, Sentinal V4, Silver with upgraded on/off switch, which looks awesome. I really like the windows and the overall look. It feels fantastic swinging it around my house. I was very surprised at the color, Blazing Red. It just looks Great in the dark!!! MY birthday is coming up and I hope to get another Saber. My only real complaint is the recharge port. I read a few other reviews and saw US response. I understand why it is there but it is kinda annoying, a bit sharp and right in the way of handling. Other than that i'm all in.  After having the saber for a week or so I ordered two blade grab bags. One is 24", this will be much better to swing around my house- lol  less chance of hitting something. Also another longer blade, ordered mainly because of the shipping charges, but also hoped it would be a different style blade.  Thanks for watching the videos and reading my review.  

Nice saber! It took me about a year to finally commit to buying one. MB’s seemed to be the cheapest route for me and I liked the added mystery of the surprise. I’ve got two MB’s so far and I want more but I know my wife would kick my butt if I bought another especially since we are trying to move. Maybe I’ll buy myself a 200 dollar MB when I get back from deployment as a present to myself 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navy Hospital Corpsman First Class Petty Officer (Fleet Marine Force)

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »

If you're not planning to upgrade to actual rechargeable batteries and sound, you can remove it. It's just stuck in from the outside and held internally with a small drop of hot glue.  It comes out really easy with a little wiggling from some needle-nose pliars.  You could then go to a hobby store and find something smoother of the same dimensions to glue in the hole instead to make the grip more comfortable.   I made us of it though,  I got a Sentinel MB without sound,  then ordered the Obsidian V4 board, the LION speaker module, a momentary AV switch, then wired it all up and to that recharge port, thus converting a basic MB into a MB with premium sound (And recharge!).  Cheesy

Correction:  I can't tell, is yours held with a nut, or is it a black-ring?  The black ring ones can be pulled out easily.  So could the nut ones, just from the inside.  Shake the LED out, then reach in with some needle nose and pull it out after removing the nut.  Then replace it with some colorful smooth bauble or somesuch.

BigWolfe
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »

Thanks to all those who commented and to Lord Rapine for embedding the videos. I let life get in the way or I would have replied sooner. I am working on another video, right now, received a 200$ MB for my birthday. I'll get that up soon. MTFBWY.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 11:06:56 PM »

Nice. Silver Sentinel in Blazing Red isn't a bad combo especially with the windows too Tongue If it were me though I would've done a black av switch to give more of a Sith presence

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dyllan-Ame
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 145

Get your head out of your cockpit

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 03:20:09 AM »

Great first saber.  I was so happy you like your blade color.  Cool t-shirt too

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: