Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Therion's Fire" another custom lightsaber build  (Read 9440 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« on: March 06, 2018, 04:53:21 AM »

Taking a break from modifying my armor to work on another custom lightsaber for my character.
This one is called "Therion's Fire," and was a gift from a twi'lek named Vette.

This saber is based on the PVC hilts I did a while back.
I'm making an 'operational' version to replace the 'dummy' hilts I made back then.

Using parts similar to the ones I used with the 'Wrath,' I purchased the same body and choke sections from TCSS
I'll be using aluminum sleeve material, also from TCSS, to create the visual I'm seeking.
Be adding a Warglaive pommel as well as other electronics from Ultrasabers, and using an LED left from when I swapped out the colors on the 'Wrath.'

Using construction paper, I made a template to use in making the cuts in the sleeve material

I cut the sleeve to length, then wrapped the template around it

I started by cutting the angled flange for the emitter

I drilled a series of holes to use in making the actual cutting a lot easier

Masked off the grip section of the body, and used some spray paint to start the detail.

After sanding the paint from the raised parts of the grip, I used aluminum black to darken the grip

With the grip done, I went back to finishing the main cuts

Using my Dremel, I finished cutting the detail into the sleeve material, as well as separating the emitter portion from the main body to make things easier to work with, then mocked it up to see how things sat.

Then came the fun of soldering up the electronics, namely the Obsidian V4 board, battery pack, and LED module

With that work done, I set to assembling and finishign the hilt.
Shown here with both its inspiration and the newly modded Therion's Wrath, which recieved a new emitter

Youtube link:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuxVgUE_ksQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuxVgUE_ksQ</a>

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 06:28:06 AM »

This is looking really good!  -1

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 06:51:03 AM »

Great job Jinn, an impressive pair!!

How hard was it to cut the shroud? Even though I'm not finished with my first build I already have an idea for my second.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »

Awesome build Therion! More DS cookies when I'm able. I am going to have to try something with that sleeve material at some point....

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »

This.

Is.

AWESOME!!

Spectacular work TJ!  I wish that I had your creativity!  Wonderful!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:13:48 AM »

Thanks for the compliments, all of you.

tx, the shroud material would have been easier to work with if I had more of the right tools.
I had a Dremel, a drill, and some files and sandpaper to go with the hobby saw.
Still though, some time and patience (especially with the batteries on the Dremel wearing down) it worked out fairly well

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 09:10:27 AM »

Outstanding!  Excellent work Therion. Cheesy

That looks awesome.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:40:56 PM »

I see you have completed your lightsaber…Impressive…most impressive…

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »

Amazing. *stands and claps*

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 03:54:05 PM »

TJ, that is amazing work!  And I love the explanation / how-to you've put together.   It makes me feel like even I could do it.  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 01:36:43 AM »

Great job Therion. That looks awesome. Love the blue grooves with the black raised sections. I also really like the emitter swap on the Wrath.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 03:58:48 AM »

Thanks, guys.
TJ, that is amazing work!  And I love the explanation / how-to you've put together.   It makes me feel like even I could do it.  LOL
And I'm glad my attempts at explaining help you guys out.
The trick is to be patient. Which can be a REAL trick when working on something like this
Great job Therion. That looks awesome. Love the blue grooves with the black raised sections. I also really like the emitter swap on the Wrath.
I liked the idea on the original PVC version, so I deliberately chose a grip section that would let me do it easily.
I see you have completed your lightsaber…Impressive…most impressive…
Still have a way to go, based on some of the works I've seen around here

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: