Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Journey of PVC saber hilt making  (Read 19006 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2020, 05:10:57 PM »

Curious as to what type of PVC you're using and if it would be roomy enough for electronics? I'd love to build me one like this!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2020, 11:04:07 PM »

Curious as to what type of PVC you're using and if it would be roomy enough for electronics? I'd love to build me one like this!

I used "schedule 40" PVC pipe which had a 1 inch inner diameter. Based on what I know of saber electronics I don't think that would be enough room. However, since PVC comes in a variety of sizes you can play around a little. "Schedule" is basically the term for the rating of the PVC, a higher schedule number means the tube is thicker (and function-wise can take more pressure and such.) By going to my home improvement store and fitting various sizes of pipe together I could easily see what looked good and what was way too large or small.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 02:51:39 AM »

thanks. II'm trying to figure out how to create something with a thinner "core" that I can add some variety in size around…sort of like the larger portions that have activation boxes and areas that can be leather wrapped or shrouds added (qui gon like)…sadly I know what I mean but lack descriptive clarity. something with a flavor of obi in ep1

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2020, 06:58:07 PM »

thanks. II'm trying to figure out how to create something with a thinner "core" that I can add some variety in size around…sort of like the larger portions that have activation boxes and areas that can be leather wrapped or shrouds added (qui gon like)…sadly I know what I mean but lack descriptive clarity. something with a flavor of obi in ep1

I know exactly what you mean, since I wasn't concerned with electronics I could afford to go small and then build up from there, but tinkering with various sizes of pipe was difficult. I mean there were many times when the inner diameter of large pipe was far too big and so it would slip right off. Only by physically going to store and testing really helped me, you can get really lost in the endless amount of PVC and size options that are out there.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: