Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Second Diamond-based new saber -- The Lost Gray  (Read 2219 times)
Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« on: March 09, 2018, 03:21:24 AM »

Wow, this thing is a beast.  I know it is described as the 'offhand' of the pair of the Fulcrum and the Lost Gray set, but man, it's still huge.  It's wider than my Dark War Glaive, and heavier.  I was originally going to get the Fulcrum, because I liked the winglets and such it had ... but when I saw the dimensions of the Fulcrum topping over 14 inches long ... I decided to get the Lost Gray, which is 'merely' 12 inches.   It is an absolutely lovely saber; well made, beautiful, and well balanced; the weight balance is right above the emitter when paired with the heavy grade UE blade.   Given its size, it's not really an off-hand saber, unless you're a seven foot tall basket-ball player with hands the size of hams  Grin.  I'm 6'2" and have long fingers and such, and this is at the upper end of comfort for me to grip, diameter-wise.  The Fulcrum would have been too big in comparison in length and base width.  That isn't to say I might not still get a Fulcrum some day, but not any time soon.

Anyway!  It's a lovely saber as I noted.  I got it in Consular Green, white-illuminated LED switch, and recharge port.  The consular green color I immediately tweaked it in the launcher to add just a touch of blue to make it a little aqua-marine, as well as added a slight flicker to the idle by adding a small saw-tooth roll to the white power led to make it pulse subtly.   Of course I also adjusted all the other modes to have the same slight blue tint too.  The pictures above are after the tweaks, and are a reasonable representation of the final color.  I also set the volume at about 25%, because max volume on these things is just too loud for me; my war glaive is similarly set on its volume.  I'm very happy with it, I like it as much as my war glaive.  Next on the list to eventually get is an Electrum Wind.

--------------------

On other saber news, I also got my order of an Obsidian V4 soundboard, a Violet Amethyst with white FOC LED module, an LION battery holder + speaker mount, an overlord short vented pommel, and buckpuck module!  What were these for?  Well, I converted my $75 mystery box Sentinel LE V4 into a saber with premium sound, flash on clash, and momentary AV switch!  This was a gift for my SO, and she just loves it.  It's configured to have the ancient saber as its sound font, with modifications.  Namely, I shortened the shutdown sound of Ancient Saber from 6-7 seconds down to 3, and adjusted the volume down to 40%, because 100%.   It only took about two hours to dismantle the stunt saber, then assemble the sound module, puck, heat-shrink all the joints properly, and then thread it into the handle and connect up the quick disconnect purple LED module.  I plan further modifications, such as making the recharge port actually functional, and installing a led-enabled switch instead of the simple non-illuminated one.   Gah, these things are too fun to tinker with.   If people want photos of that one, I can post them later.  Let me know.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 03:38:51 AM »

Nice saber. I really want one even more now Tongue Mine will be Guardoan Blue though and all black buttons, might do the top one bronze though, not too sure yet

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:45:22 AM »

My Dark War Glaive runs Guardian blue; it's a great color too!

Diesel
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -91

Give Yourself To The Dark Side

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 03:50:22 AM »

I personally think that and the fulcrum are the best two looking sabers on the market. Hope you enjoy your new saber.

Chosen One CE, Diamond
Graflex CE
Fulcrum, diamond
Manticore, custom install
Menace. custom install
Dark Menace, custom install
Raven, custom install
Guardian, emerald, obsidian v4 sound
Scorpion, red w/silver FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Dark Initiate le v3, red w/va FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Aeon le v4, artic blue
Dark Sentinel v4, quad green, custom sound

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:24:37 AM »

I love the color you set out at, very nice. The flicker sounds very cool too. Also great job on turning the stunt into a sound. Great job!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »

Lovely saber

I would love to see a thread on your Sentinel build!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Dyllan-Ame
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 145

Get your head out of your cockpit

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »

I like the Lost Gray & great work adding the sound to your Sentinel

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »

Attached to this post is a short video I made of the subtle pulse-flicker I did by putting a low power sawtooth wave of white using the launcher and Diamond parameters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibz6j47TCnc

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 09:17:18 PM »

And with regard to the Sentinal build, when I get the recharge port and illuminated switch parts, I'll do a tutorial on how you wire up the Obsidian V4 with FOC and recharge port, including circuit/wiring diagrams as I've seen several people ask for instructions on how to do it!

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 06:43:23 AM »

Nice review. The lost grey is on my wish list, it will be mine one day!

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »

Nice. Congrats.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

NavyDocFaust
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 05:04:53 PM »

Wow, this thing is a beast.  I know it is described as the 'offhand' of the pair of the Fulcrum and the Lost Gray set, but man, it's still huge.  It's wider than my Dark War Glaive, and heavier.  I was originally going to get the Fulcrum, because I liked the winglets and such it had ... but when I saw the dimensions of the Fulcrum topping over 14 inches long ... I decided to get the Lost Gray, which is 'merely' 12 inches.   It is an absolutely lovely saber; well made, beautiful, and well balanced; the weight balance is right above the emitter when paired with the heavy grade UE blade.   Given its size, it's not really an off-hand saber, unless you're a seven foot tall basket-ball player with hands the size of hams  Grin.  I'm 6'2" and have long fingers and such, and this is at the upper end of comfort for me to grip, diameter-wise.  The Fulcrum would have been too big in comparison in length and base width.  That isn't to say I might not still get a Fulcrum some day, but not any time soon.

Anyway!  It's a lovely saber as I noted.  I got it in Consular Green, white-illuminated LED switch, and recharge port.  The consular green color I immediately tweaked it in the launcher to add just a touch of blue to make it a little aqua-marine, as well as added a slight flicker to the idle by adding a small saw-tooth roll to the white power led to make it pulse subtly.   Of course I also adjusted all the other modes to have the same slight blue tint too.  The pictures above are after the tweaks, and are a reasonable representation of the final color.  I also set the volume at about 25%, because max volume on these things is just too loud for me; my war glaive is similarly set on its volume.  I'm very happy with it, I like it as much as my war glaive.  Next on the list to eventually get is an Electrum Wind.

--------------------

On other saber news, I also got my order of an Obsidian V4 soundboard, a Violet Amethyst with white FOC LED module, an LION battery holder + speaker mount, an overlord short vented pommel, and buckpuck module!  What were these for?  Well, I converted my $75 mystery box Sentinel LE V4 into a saber with premium sound, flash on clash, and momentary AV switch!  This was a gift for my SO, and she just loves it.  It's configured to have the ancient saber as its sound font, with modifications.  Namely, I shortened the shutdown sound of Ancient Saber from 6-7 seconds down to 3, and adjusted the volume down to 40%, because 100%.   It only took about two hours to dismantle the stunt saber, then assemble the sound module, puck, heat-shrink all the joints properly, and then thread it into the handle and connect up the quick disconnect purple LED module.  I plan further modifications, such as making the recharge port actually functional, and installing a led-enabled switch instead of the simple non-illuminated one.   Gah, these things are too fun to tinker with.   If people want photos of that one, I can post them later.  Let me know.

Very nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navy Hospital Corpsman First Class Petty Officer (Fleet Marine Force)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: