Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: The Collected Works of Illyiss  (Read 28009 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« on: March 10, 2018, 07:51:32 PM »

Since this is becoming a thing, I figure I ought to put at least some of my prose here in that capacity.  As such, it may not all be specifically SW related, though I will try and keep things that are about things that are about topics that wouldn't be found in SW out.  As such, some of it will seem philosophical, or explorations of personal states of mind, and as such, I feel, could have been created by a person living in the SW universe.  As well, since they are being referenced and utilized as being such, I hope the mods will allow for the explorations.  So, without further preamble;

Thoughts Upon a Frozen Flake

So gently does the snowflake fall
Drifting down, from nothing to ground
In pale delight, crystals tell tales
Though who can yet hear
Has the language gone so locked
When in the field, a child imagines
All the tales, mind unburdened
Who can say the youth can't listen
That in choosing systems
We have given forfeit
To widespread options
Closed our hearts to tales
Spoken as footfalls crunch
Streams trickle and rivers roar
Yet still who can listen
Hear those tales pounding
Along the shore?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »

Yay, I was hoping you'd do this! Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:14:09 PM »

The loss of a sense of mystery in the world as one learns scientific facts and as one gets older posed against the innovative creative mind of a child that could come up with a million stories for that snow flake...or that's what I get out of it...still I like the ending the flake has its own story away from the observer becoming a stream. Awesome poem.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »

I have a feeling I might get as much enjoyment from the various interpretations as you all at getting the poems. Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 09:20:15 PM »

Swirling

Racing

Ramming

Screaming

Demeaning

Berating

Intimidating

Words that race from voices

Deep echoes in my mind

Never my voice

Yet known all the same

My demons

Scratching

Clawing

Biting

Gnawing

Punching

Kicking

Beating

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »

Illyiss, I'm loving this!  :-)  Thank you!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

THIS

Fantastic!  What wonderful prose to have at hand!  Thanks for this Illyiss!

Special thanks to LSG: the man who got the ball rolling!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 01:03:29 AM »

Meditations on Time

Each second
Every moment
Spaced uneven
Yet strong
Time experienced
From within
Beats of heart
Defining tempo
Meter, time
All of experience
At a hundred beats
Hammer staccato
While at a turn
Thought and experience
Stretch between
Calm rests
Hard beats
An eternity
Stretched between
Compress and relax
So it is to live
One beat
Until next
So too
Pulse of stars
Rest of space
Nebula in urgency
Black hole draw in
Adrift in life
We are each
Yet another
Untamed galaxy

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »

Nice, the connection between the beats of the heart to the beats of the universe in terms of cosmic phenomena and in underlying concept of the nature of time, like how do you measure the amount of time between moments, is it infinite in some measure, like if you only travel halfway between two points you will never reach the other side.

We are Each/ yet another / untamed galaxy

Wow so much to unpack in that, reminds me of some Indian esoteric concepts of being a universe within our selves, or having universes within ourselves in both a physical and metaphysical sense. You have a way with the simplicity of what you write that is amazing, so few words barely a paragraph if you add it all up...but deep really deep - One of my favorite poets is Byron but he can tend to the verbose at times, the simplicity of this is refreshing  -less is more, and in this case less is a galaxy of meaning.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 02:53:21 AM »

Nice, the connection between the beats of the heart to the beats of the universe in terms of cosmic phenomena and in underlying concept of the nature of time, like how do you measure the amount of time between moments, is it infinite in some measure, like if you only travel halfway between two points you will never reach the other side.

We are Each/ yet another / untamed galaxy

Wow so much to unpack in that, reminds me of some Indian esoteric concepts of being a universe within our selves, or having universes within ourselves in both a physical and metaphysical sense. You have a way with the simplicity of what you write that is amazing, so few words barely a paragraph if you add it all up...but deep really deep - One of my favorite poets is Byron but he can tend to the verbose at times, the simplicity of this is refreshing  -less is more, and in this case less is a galaxy of meaning.

Thank you, good sir.  And yes, Byron does tend to be long winded, though worth it, when one is in the right mind to chew through.  I will admit, there is a lot of microcosm/macrocosm in parts of this, and how time is an arbitrary construct, that recently science has proven that time as we measure it is not always constant.  The only true measure we have, as perspective based experience machines, is the beat of our heart, the rhythm of our breath.  There is so much that came from this, which admittedly, started with a short mindfulness meditation to calm my nerves.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 05:04:45 AM »

Thank you, good sir.  And yes, Byron does tend to be long winded, though worth it, when one is in the right mind to chew through.  I will admit, there is a lot of microcosm/macrocosm in parts of this, and how time is an arbitrary construct, that recently science has proven that time as we measure it is not always constant.  The only true measure we have, as perspective based experience machines, is the beat of our heart, the rhythm of our breath.  There is so much that came from this, which admittedly, started with a short mindfulness meditation to calm my nerves.

Indeed, a deep question might be does time exist if there is no organism (carbon based or otherwise) with the capacity to observe it / relies upon a chain of sequential chemical reactions (which is the essence of time in a biological sense)? Micro/MAcrosm comparisons always intrigue me, the can make one feel both indispensable and insignificant all at once.

Lord_S_Gray

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 05:55:42 AM »

Interesting. Though I love poetry, I very rarely read it (and even rarer write it) but like most art, I thoroughly enjoy it. Also this one touched on something that I have been giving a lot of thought to recently. The concept of Time. I have been in to concepts of late, Time, Reality, Value, etc. I just find something incredibly interesting about the abstract vagueness of them, yet every person thinks they know what they mean. Anyways, stories for a different area. Still, I love that you are keeping these "Works" going. It will be interesting to see if I can work any of them into my own stories.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »

Meditations on Time

Each second
Every moment
Spaced uneven
Yet strong
Time experienced
From within
Beats of heart
Defining tempo
Meter, time
All of experience
At a hundred beats
Hammer staccato
While at a turn
Thought and experience
Stretch between
Calm rests
Hard beats
An eternity
Stretched between
Compress and relax
So it is to live
One beat
Until next
So too
Pulse of stars
Rest of space
Nebula in urgency
Black hole draw in
Adrift in life
We are each
Yet another
Untamed galaxy
I LOVE this piece; it touches on not only the Soul but also Quantum Physics and brings them together.  And not just as Art, but also as a biological function, and a natural phenomenon.

Eloquent, simple (but not simplistic), and...I'll say it again: sublime  Smiley

Thank you for sharing this Illyiss!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 10:23:00 PM »

Illyiss, I love it.  I had to read it over a few times to let it sink in.  I'm still not sure I really get it.

But I like it! 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

Now is the world
In which we live
Where safe applies
No longer

Once we thought
I am safe
That only happens
Over there
Far away
Other places

Now in our homes
We question the mail
Did we order that
Is it safe
To open and see

Avoid the right
That lane could be
Unsafe
Is that a wire
Or just a stick

Never will the world
Be what once was
We have joined
The rest of Earth
Danger came home
Safe isn't safe
Anymore.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: