Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: The Collected Works of Illyiss  (Read 27921 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 09:37:26 PM »

I've been struggling with a lot lately, and need to keep reminding myself that my problems are not the end of the world, and then the words, well, they just fell onto the page. Wink  I am glad you like it.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 09:38:05 PM »

Everyone is the centre of their own universe.  Yet sometimes not the main character for all that...as always so much to contemplate sometimes in the small scale of a life the world does end...but it's usually a world based on social bonds and emotions rather than the indifferent physical geology...yet that too can collapse e.g how many cities have been abandoned as Rivera change course etc...we inhabit one physical world perhaps...but dozens of conceptual ones each played on the true globe, but their collapse is no less impactful for the person experiencing it.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »

Spring

In the Springtime
When the flowers bloom
Green returns
To warm accolades
Breezes that carry
Life anew
Thunder roars
Calling sleeping lives
Come out from within
Your dens, holes, homes
Time has turned
As it always does
Once again
To signal return
Fertility in bloom
Cycles renew
Life rising up
From beyond pale death
Leaving behind
Cold claws, decay
As lust takes root
With months to grow
Warm is the womb
That is the world
As Spring thrusts
The trumpet forth
For flowers to form
Seeds for cycles
Ever to reform

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »

I've been struggling with a lot lately, and need to keep reminding myself that my problems are not the end of the world, and then the words, well, they just fell onto the page. Wink  I am glad you like it.
I really did.  Point of fact: when I first read that Colon Powell quote I'd been involved in (what I considered at the time) the worst of events.  The advice was as helpful and true then as now; your latest work, more so.  I have to say Illyiss, you've given me a new appreciation for free-form.  Poignant, exemplary, relevant.

Thank you sir  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »

I really did.  Point of fact: when I first read that Colon Powell quote I'd been involved in (what I considered at the time) the worst of events.  The advice was as helpful and true then as now; your latest work, more so.  I have to say Illyiss, you've given me a new appreciation for free-form.  Poignant, exemplary, relevant.

Thank you sir  Smiley

You are welcome, and I thank you, for your words on them.  I am truly glad they are enjoyed, and more so that they help anyone in any way!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 05:36:34 PM »

One day,
(May it be many years away)
When I must be read last rights,
(Having lived and loved fully)
Read me not the words of passing,
(For the living hear them too often)
But read me poetry that I have not yet known.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »

Oh, I like the imagery of this...   Fly away on the wings of newly-known beauty...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 09:52:00 PM »

Very poignant...two ways to read this... ignore the brackets and it's quite a simple request...but with them...what are they infact things that are wanted things that are feared will not happen, or hoped yet to happen between now and then..those tiny brackets in my reading give it such a indecipherable edge...they break in to the main poem and yet are essential to it...very compelling.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 01:54:09 PM »

One day,
(May it be many years away)
When I must be read last rights,
(Having lived and loved fully)
Read me not the words of passing,
(For the living hear them too often)
But read me poetry that I have not yet known.
This reminds me of a Japanese death poem that I can vaguely recall from my childhood...but with the added intrepidity of a "Western hopefulness" that not only brings balance but, indeed, profundity with your deliberate set up!  I am humbled sir by your talents  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »

I long for open spaces
Places where others are not
Where there are no concerns
About this and that
Somewhere I can connect
With the core of what is
Find the center in me
Refill it from the center
Reflect on my surroundings
Be they grass or trees or beach
Even places left behind
By others in their rush
To keep up with some others
Filling up their outsides
While I lament
Draining of my center
Unable to connect
Among all these actors
To the center of us all

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 09:29:16 PM »

Like many people I work 5 days in an office, financial and data analysis stuff - all numbers and concepts nothing to touch or real to make, in air conditioned comfort (to be fair that's a good thing in Australia n summers!) Anyway point is I really get what you mean wanting open spaces to connect with what IS as opposed to the artificial edifice I work in (well sometime work sometime punch out chapters....) What have deadlines and numbers to do with the real world of rocks, geology, plants, fauna ecosystems that we evolved to exist in...those things will still be here long after our false world's have gone.

Yet again insightful and thought provoking Illyiss.

Lord_S_Gray

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 12:56:09 AM »

Like LSG, I get the longing for separation, and lucky for me, I live in a place where I can have it. Sadly though, as much as we want to be separated from the rest of the world, we do need people in our lives.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 01:07:41 AM »

Like LSG, I get the longing for separation, and lucky for me, I live in a place where I can have it. Sadly though, as much as we want to be separated from the rest of the world, we do need people in our lives.

Oh indeed, but the longing to get away, at least for a time to recharge and reconnect...  Oh how I miss it.  As well, I am tethered to where I can sleep; has to have power.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2018, 01:34:28 AM »

Alone
In the dark
No company but my thoughts
Screaming deep inside
Alone
Nothing to see
To distract me from me
Breaking down again
Alone
Sense of worth
Slipping like tires on ice
Dragging me deeper
Alone
Red eyes raw
Echoes of an empty life
Dreams stolen away
Alone
Spinning into nothing
Void a chasm opens wide
Welcome me back
Alone

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2018, 02:11:00 AM »

I long for open spaces
Places where others are not
Where there are no concerns
About this and that
Somewhere I can connect
With the core of what is
Find the center in me
Refill it from the center
Reflect on my surroundings
Be they grass or trees or beach
Even places left behind
By others in their rush
To keep up with some others
Filling up their outsides
While I lament
Draining of my center
Unable to connect
Among all these actors
To the center of us all
One of the best places I've visited is New Mexico; its ambience, connection to nature, and spirituality are a salve for the longing that I get.  Being away from the "actors" that I sometimes work around is sacrosanct, never to be taken to granted.  Superb eloquence Illyiss   Smiley

Alone
In the dark
No company but my thoughts
Screaming deep inside
Alone
Nothing to see
To distract me from me
Breaking down again
Alone
Sense of worth
Slipping like tires on ice
Dragging me deeper
Alone
Red eyes raw
Echoes of an empty life
Dreams stolen away
Alone
Spinning into nothing
Void a chasm opens wide
Welcome me back
Alone
My lord this was me in my late teens and early 20s.  Somehow, despite my youth and inexperience, I met my wife, having the maturity and wherewithal to NOT screw up, and I kept her.  And because of her, she banished this poems contents from me.

This poem is so evocative of that time...haunting.  You sir are incredible.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: