Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Collected Works of Illyiss  (Read 1729 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »

Common theme in these four seems to be this Queen...and wow that's a lot of dedication wrapped in a amazing set you your simple (i don't think any one line gets past four words!) yet absolutely startling imagery and metaphors - especially "brilliant soft points" which is full of color (blue white, red, green) and the oceanic parallels strongest in "This moment suspends".  Maybe its just me but this is like the kind of thing I imagine a darker Tristan/Lancelot writing to Isolde/Guinevere.   

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1158

Lord of the Force

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »

Common theme in these four seems to be this Queen...and wow that's a lot of dedication wrapped in a amazing set you your simple (i don't think any one line gets past four words!) yet absolutely startling imagery and metaphors - especially "brilliant soft points" which is full of color (blue white, red, green) and the oceanic parallels strongest in "This moment suspends".  Maybe its just me but this is like the kind of thing I imagine a darker Tristan/Lancelot writing to Isolde/Guinevere.   

Very good parallel here. I didn't think about it when I first read them, but after reading your comment, I whole-heartedly agree.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -355

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 11:52:28 PM »

All alone
Not one soul
Giving face
Voices echo
Screaming,screaching
Whispers, murmers
Shouts and yells
Cacaphonic overload
Thousands of thousands
Tales and tells
Advice and critique
All eternity
Fractured infinite
Laughing void
Tender nirvana
Swirling slicing
A mind unhinged
Connection complete
Download or delusion
Pain from the flood
Or loss from the first
Is murder our only forever...

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »

Took a few reads but i think i get this one now..the start bit sounds like someone who is subject to sensory overload of some kind experiencing an overload from all the sounds...yet still alone...then it seems like 'advice and critiques' basically send them in a swirling madness it resolves back to the start with "Pain from the flood/Or loss from the first" - is the apin from the flood of sensory information or the isolation ending is a chilling but pertinent question, are these two things both fleeting and the reality of the abyss the only true forever thing.  Complex but so succinct and as always thought provoking.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: