Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dromund Kaas  (Read 2214 times)
Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -139

« on: March 11, 2018, 06:20:55 AM »

Dromund Kaas 3645 BBY/8 ATC

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Dromund_Kaas
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dromund_Kaas

The capital of the ancient Sith Empire and the home of the Dark Council and the Emperor, Dromund Kaas is a city of constant lightning storms and a planet strong with the darkside of the force. The military along with the Dark Council rule the planet and the Empire all under the watch of the Emperor.

One towering city, Kaas City rises from the jungle, the spires of its tallest building seen from far and wide. The rest of the planet is wild jungle, spotted with isolated compounds and outpost; the creatures of Dromund Kaas are infused with the darkside and are as vicious as the many unexplained horrors that haunt the planet.

Early today a major weapon depot was destroyed and Commodore Hayles has dispatched Darth Ucupiu to lead the investigation into the bombing.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lightning flashed over head as Darth Ucupiu stood waiting in the pouring rain. Ucupiu’s robe and tunic were soaked through but she seemed not to notice as she stood twirling one of her red tendrils between her fingers. Who ever had destroyed the weapons depot had either been incredibly stupid, or incredibly brave. Ucupiu hoped that they were brave because if they were brave enough to plan that attack and then face the consequences then they may actually be a challenge, Ucupiu had been hungrily awaiting a worthy challenge.

As the sounds of the shuttle approached Darth Ucupiu looked up, not shielding her eyes from the rain, hopefully these additional resources would prove their worth, if not she would cast them aside. Results were all that mattered to Ucupiu because results were all that mattered to the Empire.

Ucupiu stood silently as the doors of the shuttle opened and waited for the personnel inside to come to her. “I am Darth Ucupiu,” she started in a commanding voice, “and for the duration of this mission you will answer to me. If you don’t answer to me, you will be disposed off.”

“We are going to a restricted area so we are on foot from here, follow me,” Ucupiu turned and started off into the jungle. “It’s a five mile walk to the depot, and there are no roads from this direction so keep up and keep together. This jungle has horrors that will challenge even experienced Sith lords.”

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »

The shuttle shook in the sky as the storm buffeted it. In the troop compartment, Jasker Merril stood, holding onto a crash bar as he watched the shuttle's progress on a topographic map generated by his helmet's computer. Behind the visor, his eyes tracked back and forth at speed as he absorbed the data, it might come in useful if things went south. Not that he'd run into many problems since he started working for the Sith,  they were surprisingly good clients, for Force users. Absently, he brushed the grip of one of his pistols in their holsters on his hip.

He would have known the shuttle was landing even with his eyes closed. Hundreds of drops on dozens of worlds had built the experience deeper than his bones. Turning his head, he gazed impassively at the other passengers before turning his attention to the hatch as it slid open. Jumping down, his boots raised paired splashes of mud and water as he chinned a setting on his helmet's controls, activating an IR overlay so that he could see. "Jasker Merril."

He jogged a few steps to catch up to Darth Ucupiu, falling in a pair of steps behind her and to the right. "Don't worry about me, Darth. I'm quite capable of taking care of myself."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »

::Darth Ucupiu::

Darth Ucupiu marched forward not turning her head, mercenaries, Hayles had sent mercenaries when she had requested acolytes and Imperials, preferably a cipher agent. Her lips snarled, Hayles was becoming more and more of an inconvenience that would have to be dealt with, now wasn’t the time though. Sith always talked about passion and impulse seizing what was theirs; patience was still the key and that is what they never talked about in training, if the hunter moves too soon it will be too far away from its prey and the prey will have time to react. The key to success is to never let your prey react, the struggle most be over before your target even knows that it began.

The rain somehow seemed to be coming down harder than ever, the merc, Merril, seemed sure of himself but then again what merc wasn’t. “I’m sure you are in most situations, but do not underestimate the power of this planet, even the animals are infused with the power of the Dark-side.”

Ucupiu turned her head slightly, “Have you ever had a jungle planet assignment before?”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »

::Jasker Merril::

"I've spent time on Nal Hutta and on Ryloth. Technically one was a swamp planet but there's similarities I can use." As he spoke, his head panned left and right slowly, scanning the trees on either side of the path. His hands hung at his sides, touching the grips of his pistols.

If the expression on the Sith's face registered, there was no sign of it in his body language and his face was impassive behind his visor. As the rain began falling harder, he considered turning on the light on his helmet, but decided against it, trusting in his IR system to let him see without the aid of visible light.

After several minutes of walking, he cleared his throat. "You want to fill me in on the parameters of this mission, Darth? I don't usually take jobs when all I'm given is a time, a set of coordinates and a large credit deposit. What am I here for?"

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 07:04:34 AM »

Ucupiu listened to the merc as the jungle opened up and revealed a fast flowing river. The river wasn’t very deep, or wide but it was moving with a current that would take one under and
deposit them several hundred feet down stream.

“A set of coordinates isn’t much less information than I have at the moment,” Ucupiu began as she examined the river, “I have a different set of coordinates out there in the jungle, and I know it used to be a secret weapons depot before someone blew it up.”

Smiling Ucupiu headed to the river, “our job is to find out who and why,” with that Ucupiu jumped landed on a small sharp rock just above the surface of the river, she quickly moved from rock to rock before landing on the other side and heading towards the jungle on the far bank.

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 08:57:26 PM »

Jasker frowned behind his visor, as he came up beside the Sith at the river. He was used to deploying with less information, but his missions in those cases were usually pretty clear cut: Show up, kill everyone who wasn't him or a part of his squad, and then leave. Missions like this were more complicated and he liked having a bit more information. On the other hand, it was a bit comforting that the Sith overseeing the mission was just as in the dark as he was.

The Mandalorian didn't attempt to follow Darth Ucupiu across the river by way of the rocks. Activating his jetpack, he angled himself up and forward, cutting thrust three quarters of the way across and shifting the vector so that he only needed to take a couple jogging steps to keep his forward momentum from planting him face first in the dirt. Mud and water still splashed up to his knees, but he was unfazed as he trotted to catch up with the Sith, his eyes returning to their scan of the jungle.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 07:50:28 AM »

:: Darth Ucupiu ::
Scowling slightly at the sound of the jetpack, Ucupiu kept her focus on the jungle. She sensed something seconds before she could hear it, something that sounded like a large cat, one hundred to one hundred and fifty pounds by the sounds of its feet on the underbrush. Moving quickly Ucupiu sprang out of the way as she readied to pull her saber.

Bursting from the jungle was a black and grey striped cat, four feet at the shoulders with six inch fangs, it headed straight towards Jasker.

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »

The surprise lasted only a second as he noticed Ucupiu jump aside from something in the jungle. Turning, he was already dropping to one knee as the cat leaped out. His IR setting highlighted the approaching cat, his helmet's computer providing information on heading and velocity. Lifting his left arm and thrusting it forward, he triggered the whipcord launcher, the thin durasteel cable snapping out and tangling around the big cat's front legs, binding them together. His right hand darted down for his pistol, drawing it as the cat tumbled forward towards him.

His computer helped map the firing line as he raised his right hand pistol and put four bolts into the beast's head. Just to be safe, he drew his second pistol and put two more bolts from each gun into the cat's head. When it stopped moving, he looked over at Ucupiu. "Meg haran cuyir..." Pausing, he switched from Mando'a back to basic. "What the hell was that thing?"

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »

Ucupiu watched with interest as the mercenary made short work of the animal. She smiled with some amusement as Jasker asked what it was.

“I’m not sure what its name is,” Ucupiu said, “but it’s a pretty common jungle cat in these parts, this one is a bit on the small side.”
Ucupiu started moving forward again, “I would be careful with your bolts, you don’t want to run low on energy or ammunition out here.”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 09:33:29 AM »

Behind the anonymity of his visor, he gave Darth Ucupiu a deadpan look as he holstered his pistols. "I'll keep that in mind." Giving the dead cat another look, he grunted and turned his attention forward.

He thought he could see some lights up ahead, activating the zoom function in his helmet. The reticule on his heads up display focused in, pulling his vision forward until he could see a gate set in a wall up ahead, cutting across the road. "It's right up there."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 07:04:53 AM »

:: Darth Ucupiu::
:: Dromund Kaas, Rubble of Weapons Depot::

The jungle gave way to heat and flames as they stepped into the clearing that used to house the weapons depot. What was left of the depot was still burning and the fire illuminated the whole area in an eerie orange hue.

“Mind your surroundings, there is most likely live ammunition that may be set off by the heat. The Dark Council wanted us to investigate before the fire suppressant crew destroyed any evidence, “ Darth Ucupiu said flatly as she moved towards the complex.

The ground was littered with corpses some burnt with their bodies bent and broken by the explosion, but some with blaster bolts in them.

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »

::Jasker Merril:
:: Dromund Kaas, Rubble of Weapons Depot::

He grunted quietly, looking at the Sith as they entered the clearing. The warning wasn't a bad one, but it was also a waste of breath to the professional soldier. "Never would have guessed."

Moving forward, his visor polarized to cut down on the glare from the flames as he approached. Reaching the first of the corpses, he ignored all of the dead who had been killed by the blast, or badly burned. Coming to one of the corpses, he used a boot to nudge the armored corpse of a guard onto his back, enabling him to see the broad scorch mark where a high powered blaster had burnt through the man's armor. "Whoever did this was right up and close to your boys."

Jasker rocked back onto his heels, looking around at the sprawled casualties. "No sign of any casualties among whoever did this... which means..." His tone turned a bit absent as he thought through it. "Either your guards were so incompetent, or taken by such surprise, that they weren't capable of killing the enemy, or whoever did this took their dead with them."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 08:39:47 AM »

:: Dromund Kaas, Rubble of Weapons Depot ::

Ucupiu grunted slightly in reply to Jasker, he had a point. These men weren’t the best that the Empire had to offer but they were well trained and well equipped they should have been able to handle any escaped slaves, or any merc group small enough to arrive on Dromund Kaas undetected something was off.

Ucupiu expression took on a sneer, “They weren’t the best but they were good enough that this shouldn’t have been able to happen. Everyone is checked out when they arrive on planet as you may remember, no one with this amount of skill and firepower should have been on planet.”

On the ground a few feet in front of Jasker was the body of an Imperial officer, the officers head was laying several feet to the left, both the wound on the head and on the neck were clean and cauterized.

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

wandering-seeker
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »

:: Jasker Merril::
::Rubble of Sith Weapons Depot::

He remembered the customs inspection all to well, mainly that he'd wanted to punch out the officious little man who had questioned him. Rather than say anything, the Mandalorian just grunted.

Moving on from the dead guard, he found the decapitated officer and stopped in his tracks, looking at the dead man. His face was locked in an expression of surprise, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. "Well." Crouching down, he grabbed the man's head, picking it up and looking at the cauterized cut. Rising to his full height, he raised the head in the direction of Darth Ucupiu.

"I think this, here, is what we could call a clue. This guy was killed by a lightsaber. Any reason for that that you can think of? Darth?"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: