Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Color options  (Read 829 times)
Mielikki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: March 12, 2018, 02:42:36 AM »

So my wife and 7 year old daughter want to share a saber. The wife wants purple. The daughter wants yellow, but was willing to accept the Orange color. We want this to be an inexpensive stunt saber, so my question is this: if we were to do color disks with the TRI-Adgean silver, how much dimmer would =it be compared to my Guardian blue single LED saber? I know the disks make it dimmer. Go ahead and be technical. I teach physics.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:05:38 AM »

While I can't offer any technical specs I can personally offer a small tidbit of info in the form of a great thread. Hazard502 has an awesome thread going on right now about Tri-Adegan Silver and various filtering options right here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

That being said, the two main ways to filter Adegan Silver are with the US color discs but also Lee color swatches (shown also in the above thread.) As far as specifically which is brighter, Tri-silver with blue filter or single LED Blue, I'll have to leave that for the next commenter  Wink

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »

Hey Mielikki!

I actually prefer the silver Tri-Cree with a yellow filter over the mixed LEDs, the color is full and rich and more uniform than the mixes.

You can also get a really nice purple/Violet Amethyst with both the disks and Lee filters.  The filters are a little better on dimming, but the disks work pretty well with TriCree LEDs.

For my part, I would recommend getting a Lee swatchbook and cutting filters from that.  For yellow the best to me is straight up Yellow 101, and the Dark Lavender 180 makes a great violet color.

So, for about $10 extra you can switch back and forth "on the cheap" as it were.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Mielikki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:25:16 PM »

Perfect! Thank you for the info and the ideas. I love the look of the Lee filters. Now I kind of regret not getting that on my recent saber!

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »

Thanks for linking to that post! Going to try the Lee filters with my white tri-led, as the disks just don't seem to cut it and most of my colors end of being very white  Grin

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: