Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrsabers Dark Liberator V3 Review  (Read 1893 times)
Bobbytom
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

Psychobilly Jedi

« on: March 14, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »

Hello All,
This is my review of my newest Ultrasabers purchase my Dark Liberator V3 in Consular Green.

Being new to the hobby and to the saber dueling community I picked up some Initiate hilts second hand before I dove into my first custom purchase from Ultrasabers.
A number of factors played into my purchase decision.  First was price.  I was looking to stay as close to the $100 mark as possible but get the features I wanted.  From my training classes I realized I was looking for a hilt that would allow me to use two hands while dueling.  My initaite hilts are great but I kept feeling my back hand slip off the end of the pommel and feeling myself trying to reach out in order to make a strike.
The next factor was that I wanted a Dark hilt. Purely an aesthetic preference.  So I set out looking at the Dominix, Dark STD Battle, Dark Liberator, Overlord, Dark Prophecy, etc.   From the little experience I had using sabers borrowed from classmates I realized that I wanted something fairly unadorned so my hands would not be impeded by knobs, switches or screws.  
I also wanted emitter windows, because... window emitters are cool.  

I settled on the Dark Liberator.  It checked all my boxes and was something that was a little different than what most of the folks I know have in their saber collection.

Next was what color to choose.  I knew I wanted a light side color.  My initiates are in Artic Blue and in Sunriders Destiny.  My thoughts were either Guardian Blue or Consular Green.  My wife reminded me that I have always had a thing for Luke's ROTJ saber.  She was right.  So I chose Consular Green.  I can always get another color on my next order.

My impressions are this....  This thing is awesome.  The feel is great and the subtle tape in th emiddle of the handle is really comfortable.  It is a good length for me for two hand dueling. The emitter windows look super cool with the green blade.  I am finding that when I duel I need to adjust my grip so I dont hit the AV switch and turn the thing off.  To me it is a very sleek and classy looking saber.

Very much recomend it.  As happy as I am I still want another.  But such seems to be the way with this hobby.
Here is my Youtube video of my review.  Hope you enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PYbMDjQ4A&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PYbMDjQ4A&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:19:28 PM by DarthBoofa » Logged

Wherever I have gone, I was sure to find myself there.
- Mike Ness -

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:01:34 PM »

Thanks for the review, and beautiful saber. Point

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:26:33 PM »

Nice review and thanks for the video.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Diesel
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -91

Give Yourself To The Dark Side

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »

Nice saber and great review. Hope you enjoy your new saber.

Chosen One CE, Diamond
Graflex CE
Fulcrum, diamond
Manticore, custom install
Menace. custom install
Dark Menace, custom install
Raven, custom install
Guardian, emerald, obsidian v4 sound
Scorpion, red w/silver FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Dark Initiate le v3, red w/va FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Aeon le v4, artic blue
Dark Sentinel v4, quad green, custom sound

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »

Great review and a really nice saber.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »

Nice. Makes me want a Liberator again even more in original set up but might get mine with sound since they can come with sound now. I live in Westlake about to live in medina here in a couple months if you ever wanna get together for a saber party Tongue I miss dueling with people. I don't have any protective gear though so. I recently got me a Dark Sentinel LE with Obsidian Lite sound in Guardian Blue so would like to take it for a spin sometime Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »

hey nice video. im considering that saber myself. might make a double saber staff.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 08:54:59 PM »

^^^Had that same idea myself but with Blazing Red blades =] Have one covertech wheel at like the pommel section, think that'd be a good place if you wear sabers anyway. I know Maul had both of his near the emitter section though but that's where I grip at the most so Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

NavyDocFaust
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »

Hello All,
This is my review of my newest Ultrasabers purchase my Dark Liberator V3 in Consular Green.

Being new to the hobby and to the saber dueling community I picked up some Initiate hilts second hand before I dove into my first custom purchase from Ultrasabers.
A number of factors played into my purchase decision.  First was price.  I was looking to stay as close to the $100 mark as possible but get the features I wanted.  From my training classes I realized I was looking for a hilt that would allow me to use two hands while dueling.  My initaite hilts are great but I kept feeling my back hand slip off the end of the pommel and feeling myself trying to reach out in order to make a strike.
The next factor was that I wanted a Dark hilt. Purely an aesthetic preference.  So I set out looking at the Dominix, Dark STD Battle, Dark Liberator, Overlord, Dark Prophecy, etc.   From the little experience I had using sabers borrowed from classmates I realized that I wanted something fairly unadorned so my hands would not be impeded by knobs, switches or screws.  
I also wanted emitter windows, because... window emitters are cool.  

I settled on the Dark Liberator.  It checked all my boxes and was something that was a little different than what most of the folks I know have in their saber collection.

Next was what color to choose.  I knew I wanted a light side color.  My initiates are in Artic Blue and in Sunriders Destiny.  My thoughts were either Guardian Blue or Consular Green.  My wife reminded me that I have always had a thing for Luke's ROTJ saber.  She was right.  So I chose Consular Green.  I can always get another color on my next order.

My impressions are this....  This thing is awesome.  The feel is great and the subtle tape in th emiddle of the handle is really comfortable.  It is a good length for me for two hand dueling. The emitter windows look super cool with the green blade.  I am finding that when I duel I need to adjust my grip so I dont hit the AV switch and turn the thing off.  To me it is a very sleek and classy looking saber.

Very much recomend it.  As happy as I am I still want another.  But such seems to be the way with this hobby.
Here is my Youtube video of my review.  Hope you enjoy.
https://youtu.be/e4PYbMDjQ4A

Love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navy Hospital Corpsman First Class Petty Officer (Fleet Marine Force)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 06:53:50 PM »

Great review, especially the breakdown of your thought process.  I'm a BIG fan of the Dark Libby V3, so major props for an excellent choice of saber!  You mentioned the Overlord in your video - if you get a chance, definitely go for that one in the future.  If you're looking for a sleek but elegant two handed saber, much like the Dark Liberator, you'll probably LOVE the Overlord.  Also, as the token spokesperson for the Dark Prophecy on here... you might wanna try that too Wink  I think it would be right up your alley.  Personally, I took the gold thumb screws off (replacing them with short set screws) as well as the covertec knob, to make it more streamlined.

Also, bonus point for your love of the Luke ROTJ green!  That was my inspiration as well, the reason my original saber from Ultrasabers was Consular Green.  Ever since that first saber, green has been my standard color.

Bobbytom
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

Psychobilly Jedi

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 07:41:27 PM »

Thanks for all the kind comments.    It is great to see there is a supportive community here.   

I am defnitely leaning toward the Overlord for my next purchase.  That was what my heart was set on but I just didn't want to drop the cash on it at the time.

Just leaves me with something to work toward.

Wherever I have gone, I was sure to find myself there.
- Mike Ness -

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: