Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: A Star Wars Story: What anthology film do you want?  (Read 45815 times)
Dex_Meridian
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

Just a guy with a lightsaber, and some questions.

« on: March 16, 2018, 06:50:36 PM »

I love hearing other folks' ideas for a standalone Star Wars movie, especially with Solo coming out sooner than it really feels. Do you have a particular character, event, concept, or piece of canon that you'd like to see on the big screen for two hours?

I know a Han Solo standalone film was a bit of a no-brainer, but what I'd really appreciate is a young Jedi Count Dooku swashbuckling around the galaxy fighting pirates, etc. Played by Benedict Cumberbatch, or someone similar. I say we need some of the prequel-era stuff filled in a little better like that.

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The  future...the past. Old friends long gone."

Dark Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver (soon to be "Torment")

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »

I could totally get behind a Young Count Dooku (especially with Cumberbatch) movie. Personally I would love to see an Obi-Wan and/or Boba Fett movie. Mostly just because they would be awesome. But there are so many characters that could get their own movies. Mace Windu (because S.L.J. still wants him to come back Grin), younger Yoda maybe, there are just way too many.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »

I'm all for a dark-sider being featured. A tale of Palpatine's apprenticeship to Plagueis would be amazing on the big screen. Also echoing what Taegin said, Count Dooku is awesome, without a doubt one of the most interesting and underused characters in Star Wars. Even the Clone Wars series didn't give us quite enough of him in my opinion. There is something so interesting about a senior Jedi-turned-Sith with royal blood who is classy, sophisticated, and duels like a well educated fencer.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »

Move forward with their own characters. The universe has enough potential to explore. We don't need to keep shoving someone else's idea into an established character that wasn't made for it. I want to see what happens outside Republic space with Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine and Ahsoka. Or something like that with someone we barely know.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »

I love hearing other folks' ideas for a standalone Star Wars movie, especially with Solo coming out sooner than it really feels. Do you have a particular character, event, concept, or piece of canon that you'd like to see on the big screen for two hours?

I know a Han Solo standalone film was a bit of a no-brainer, but what I'd really appreciate is a young Jedi Count Dooku swashbuckling around the galaxy fighting pirates, etc. Played by Benedict Cumberbatch, or someone similar. I say we need some of the prequel-era stuff filled in a little better like that.
I could totally get behind a Young Count Dooku (especially with Cumberbatch) movie. Personally I would love to see an Obi-Wan and/or Boba Fett movie. Mostly just because they would be awesome. But there are so many characters that could get their own movies. Mace Windu (because S.L.J. still wants him to come back Grin), younger Yoda maybe, there are just way too many.
I'm all for a dark-sider being featured. A tale of Palpatine's apprenticeship to Plagueis would be amazing on the big screen. Also echoing what Taegin said, Count Dooku is awesome, without a doubt one of the most interesting and underused characters in Star Wars. Even the Clone Wars series didn't give us quite enough of him in my opinion. There is something so interesting about a senior Jedi-turned-Sith with royal blood who is classy, sophisticated, and duels like a well educated fencer.
These are some INSPIRED choices (Benedict Cumberbatch as Dooku--or ANY Jedi/Sith TBH--would be AWESOME)!

Like TR, I would REALLY like another Obi-Wan feature; Ewan did such an incredible job AND he's aged with the character...

And Saso has some great ideas concerning the Dark Side!

But for myself: I would LOVE to see KOTOR with Jedi&Sith in power armor fighting e.g. the New Sith Wars  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 09:42:11 PM »

Move forward with their own characters. The universe has enough potential to explore. We don't need to keep shoving someone else's idea into an established character that wasn't made for it. I want to see what happens outside Republic space with Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine and Ahsoka. Or something like that with someone we barely know.

I do agree with this. If we want SW to keep going, and stay good, they need to use new characters (like they did in R1). Still doesn't change the fact that I would like to see some already established characters get their own films though.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 03:14:07 PM »

I want to see something from the old republic with Malgus, Arcen, Thexan, and Valen

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

CrashedAT-AT
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 11:50:54 AM »

Something looking at Imperial Officers could be very interesting as the story wouldn't necessarily have to follow the evil archetype and have a protagonist villain.

For instance, a personal favourite of mine is General Veers. We see precious little of him on screen (even though he's still an iconic character) and don't see him do anything villainous, really. The likes of Tarkin and Krennic wouldn't fit, but Veers, Piett, Jerjerrod are all officers who could have sympathetic stories (Jerjerrod WAS going to be quite 'grey' in deleted ROTJ scenes anyway).

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 03:50:56 AM »

Aayla Secura

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 06:08:33 AM »

Aayla Secura

Seconded.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »

I don’t feel we need another Obi Wan story, but I’d love to see Ewan get another crack at the role if that makes sense.  The thing is, the cartoons have done a killer job with filling in the blanks (in my opinion anyway).  A movie centered around the clones, or even the 501st legions journey would be cool.  I doubt it would ever happen though. 

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »

I don’t feel we need another Obi Wan story, but I’d love to see Ewan get another crack at the role if that makes sense.  The thing is, the cartoons have done a killer job with filling in the blanks (in my opinion anyway).  A movie centered around the clones, or even the 501st legions journey would be cool.  I doubt it would ever happen though.  

I agree and disagree with you about an Obi-Wan solo story movie. I really want one but only with Ewan. I want a movie that starts when he hands Luke over to Owen and Beru and ends with him saving Luke from the Tusken Raiders. They could do anything with those years. As long as they do a scene when Ben finds out Anakin is alive and has become the feared Darth Vader as we see him in A New Hope.

A movie about the clones or 501st sounds like an amazing idea!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »

I agree and disagree with you about an Obi-Wan solo story movie. I really want one but only with Ewan. I want a movie that starts when he hands Luke over to Owen and Beru and ends with him saving Luke from the Tusken Raiders. They could do anything with those years. As long as they do a scene when Ben finds out Anakin is alive and has become the feared Darth Vader as we see him in A New Hope.

A movie about the clones or 501st sounds like an amazing idea!!

That's interesting, I was always under the impression that Obi-Wan just camped out on Tattooine all those years as he was staying close to protect Luke. And that the duel with *ahem* I won't spoil, towards the end of Rebels Season 3 was the most excitement he'd had in decades. Were there other canon or non-canon adventures of Obi-Wan sandwiched in there? Seems like a tough concept for a movie if he just sits around for years and clashes with the odd Tusken Raider, but I'm genuinely not sure. Then again, maybe a lot happened in those years that we don't know about, that the "Old Ben" persona was more than a "strange old hermit" as Luke puts it.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 07:22:03 PM »

That's interesting, I was always under the impression that Obi-Wan just camped out on Tattooine all those years as he was staying close to protect Luke. And that the duel with *ahem* I won't spoil, towards the end of Rebels Season 3 was the most excitement he'd had in decades. Were there other canon or non-canon adventures of Obi-Wan sandwiched in there? Seems like a tough concept for a movie if he just sits around for years and clashes with the odd Tusken Raider, but I'm genuinely not sure. Then again, maybe a lot happened in those years that we don't know about, that the "Old Ben" persona was more than a "strange old hermit" as Luke puts it.

The Legends book "Kenobi" is a great story about what happened while he was on Tatooine. I also (though I haven't read them yet) know that he has an adventure in the "The Last of the Jedi" series. So generally it is assumed that he did something while on Tatooine.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »

The Legends book "Kenobi" is a great story about what happened while he was on Tatooine. I also (though I haven't read them yet) know that he has an adventure in the "The Last of the Jedi" series. So generally it is assumed that he did something while on Tatooine.

Added to the reading list, thanks Taegin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: