Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My first Ultra saber (crimson scorpion)  (Read 2285 times)
TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« on: March 16, 2018, 11:06:10 PM »

I was looking at the ultrasabers and just fell in love with the crimson scorpion. I knew that would be my first one. So I saved for awhile and finally got it, with sound. It came in today and I was beyond excited. I'll admit, I squeeled like a fan girl while unpacking it.  Well, before I get there, I need to say ordering from the site was a nice experience. It was great being able to choose everything from the handle to the blade length and color, even to the type of sound board I wanted.  I knew it would look exactly how I wanted it to look.

Anyway, to the unpacking. I loved the weight and feel of my new saber. I've already decided it will only be my first of many. I would have liked the blade to have had a little more weight to it, like a real sword blade. But then that would have dimmed the color, which is amazing but I'll get to that in a moment. Yes, in case you can't tell, I'm still very excited. Anyway, I got the heavy grade which I'm very happy with. I've seen videos on how much they can take during heavy sparring. 

Even though I got the heavy grade I don't think it took from the brightness at all. For the color I picked Sun Rider's Destiny. I can't even describe how amazed I am with this color. Even with the thicker walls of the heavy edge blade, this color is epic. It's like a bright teal color. To me this give it a truer look to the blue colors in the movies than the guardian blue would have. But that's my personal opinion.

So my overall experience was great! On a 4 star scale, I'll give it a 5 star review.

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »

Awesome!  Post some pictures?   I'd love to see it.  The Scorpion is on my list of wants.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:19:00 PM »

Glad to hear you love it! And we'd love to see pictures  Cheesy

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Dyllan-Ame
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 145

Get your head out of your cockpit

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:31:54 PM »

Great first saber, I'm glad you were able to save up to get exactly what you wanted

TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:33:09 PM »

Wow! I wasn't expecting replies so soon. I'll be happy to upload some pictures of my lightsaber... as soon as I figure out how. Cheesy

TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »

Ok, I  think I was finally able to get the images. Cheesy

I'd also like to point out, as we all know, the camera doesn't do the blade color justice.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 02:10:44 AM »

The Photobucket curse strikes again, it's just their 3rd party hosting shenanigans. I like using Imgur personally, easy to use and really easy to throw up photos on the forums here.  Smiley

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 02:40:40 AM »

Ok, and thank you. I'll try that. I HATE photobucket. Will it work from facebook?

TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 03:04:15 AM »

haha Ok, gonna try this again.

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 04:40:17 AM »

Congrats on your first saber! It is the exact same one I got for my first saber (see page 2 for my review). I also got the Crimson Scorpion with the Sun Rider's Destiny blade (albeit my blade was the ultraedge midgrade). Hope you enjoy your's like I am enjoying mine.

Warning: be careful, once you buy one saber from Ultra Sabers, you'll want to keep buying more. I bought a Grab Bag Saber (review will be up tonight) immediately afterwards, and I have a Mystery Box Saber (plus spare parts) coming soon.  Wink

My sabers (as of 8/9/23): (*s)=sound
1.) Frankensaber-Blazing Red (*s)
2.) Grandmaster LE-Sentinel Yellow
3.) Shock LE-Violet Amethyst w/Qd
4.) Dominicide LE-Tri-cree F.Orange
5.) Apprentice LE V4-Guardian Blue (*s)
6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
7.) Spectre-B.Violet Amethyst w/Qd (*s)
8.) Consular-Tri-Cree Consular Green w/Qd
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA
12.) Survivor LE- BVA (*s)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 07:38:24 AM »

I love the scorpion and crimson scorpion. I think I'm just going to have to take the black one (just barely) over the red one. Anyway, nice choice. I only have the Dominix LE V4 so far. Looks like we both have a few more sabers in our future.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »

Nice saber the blade colour really suits the crimson scorpion. Glad you like it.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

TekelBrighteyes
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »

Thank you everyone. This is an amazing saber. And I agree, the sun raider's destiny sets off the crimson colored handle perfectly. In fact, I like it so much I plan to eventually get another crimson scorpion made the exact same way. Yes, I'm a duel welder.  The only difference is I may also add the flash on crash to the next one and use it in my main hand.

I plan to make a review video in the next couple of days. I want to try a couple of different sound fonts first and get them installed.  I would have done it sooner, but I'm still super giddy over my saber and can't put it down. Cheesy

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »

Congrats. My girlfriend wants that saber. I will show her your pictures. She might change her blade color from Silver to Sun Rider's Destiny.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 01:34:44 AM »

That's a great looking saber you have there! Shocked That color combo looks AWESOME! Point to you for sharing the pics.
 I actually prefer the look of the Crimson color on that saber over the black, good choice. MtFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: