Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Big things in small towns and a thankyou🤙🏻  (Read 35197 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2018, 08:44:48 PM »

Pretty rad update: so this morning we broadcast FOUR live segments on a local Fox News affiliate WLUK Fox 11!!😄  my grads all joined us to help give a class vibe, the reporter Lauren Kalil was totally awesome, and the FB response for the Shawano Saber Academy has been ticking right along all day!🤙🏻  it was loads of fun, i got to instruct a TV personality, and we got some awesome publicity!  http://fox11online.com/good-day-wi/learning-how-to-use-a-lightsaber-from-a-galaxy-far-far-away here’s the link for anyone that would like to check it out!
MTFBWY all!
And thanks again for keeping tabs and supporting😉
Lauren’s the one on the right🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:12 PM »

Pretty rad update: so this morning we broadcast FOUR live segments on a local Fox News affiliate WLUK Fox 11!!😄  my grads all joined us to help give a class vibe, the reporter Lauren Kalil was totally awesome, and the FB response for the Shawano Saber Academy has been ticking right along all day!🤙🏻  it was loads of fun, i got to instruct a TV personality, and we got some awesome publicity!  http://fox11online.com/good-day-wi/learning-how-to-use-a-lightsaber-from-a-galaxy-far-far-away here’s the link for anyone that would like to check it out!
MTFBWY all!
And thanks again for keeping tabs and supporting😉
Lauren’s the one on the right🤙🏻

Yes! This is fracking rad. Congrats my brother.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2018, 08:55:37 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but the video of your niece on your FB page is just too much. Adorable!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »

That's pretty freaking cool!!  Grin  Those girls look serious! Glad to hear that things are going so well. Keep it up and MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »

That's pretty freaking cool!!  Grin  Those girls look serious! Glad to hear that things are going so well. Keep it up and MTFBWY!
Thanks, Silenoz- and thanks MavRick🤙🏻 the one on the left I’m pretty serious about, too- that’s my fiancé😁!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2018, 05:35:58 AM »

That's awesome. Looks like you guys are really starting to get going.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2018, 11:46:19 AM »

Congrats on the the news coverage! 

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »

Thanks, Taegin and Infinit01😊🤙🏻  it was so fun, and indeed the page has been busy!  I just got contacted by the Green Bay Press Gazette( a fairly largely syndicated paper) for some coverage there, too!🤘🏻😄  it’s hard for me to think that the spark for this lit only in January of THIS year, while waiting for our sabers from the winter raffle and sale...I was inspired by this very forum and all the amazing people associated with it!
That’s why i feel like if gratitude were a currency, i feel like i could buy the world right now.🤙🏻

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2018, 08:09:34 PM »

Aaaand Saber Initiate class number 2 starts tomorrow!😄  my next group is pretty jacked and i am, too.  Not only will we be expanding our member base with another group for me, but my fiancé is beginning classes of her own tomorrow as well! She’ll be leading the “Force Flow” classes which blend aspects of Tai Chi, Yoga, Saber Flow, and meditation- these are drop-in style classes with a much more accessible feel, but still teach the basics of footwork, posture, flow, and striking. 
And if that’s not cool enough, i’m nearly ready to open my dojo doors to the 10-13 age group! I’ve had a good number of parents patiently waiting for this opportunity, and i think it’ll really help me toward the goal of affording my OWN building with a Main Street storefront🤩 come next year🤞🏻. 
Pretty stoked with how far this has come since May 4th(opening day😄)
Cheers to the future and may the force be with you all!🤙🏻

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »

Aaaand Saber Initiate class number 2 starts tomorrow!😄  my next group is pretty jacked and i am, too.  Not only will we be expanding our member base with another group for me, but my fiancé is beginning classes of her own tomorrow as well! She’ll be leading the “Force Flow” classes which blend aspects of Tai Chi, Yoga, Saber Flow, and meditation- these are drop-in style classes with a much more accessible feel, but still teach the basics of footwork, posture, flow, and striking. 
And if that’s not cool enough, i’m nearly ready to open my dojo doors to the 10-13 age group! I’ve had a good number of parents patiently waiting for this opportunity, and i think it’ll really help me toward the goal of affording my OWN building with a Main Street storefront🤩 come next year🤞🏻. 
Pretty stoked with how far this has come since May 4th(opening day😄)
Cheers to the future and may the force be with you all!🤙🏻

Congrats my friend. I REALLY like the idea of blending Tai Chi, Yoga, Saber Flow, and meditation. That's what's up. You and your fiancé are lucky to have found each other and seem perfect for one another, and thus the community that you serve.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »

Congrats my friend. I REALLY like the idea of blending Tai Chi, Yoga, Saber Flow, and meditation. That's what's up. You and your fiancé are lucky to have found each other and seem perfect for one another, and thus the community that you serve.
Ever more thanks, Silenoz🙏🏻! We feel the same way😊 Our wedding is in a tick over 2 months, and our waltz is shaping up as well🤙🏻. Big things this year!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2018, 06:34:25 PM »

Very exciting Elwood. I imagine you'll have your hands full with 10-13 year olds (I used to be one you know). Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »

Very exciting Elwood. I imagine you'll have your hands full with 10-13 year olds (I used to be one you know). Wink
It is, Taegin😁 i’m going to fill my surrounding communities with Jedi and Sith of all ages!  I’ve been trying to get a feel for how i’ll restructure my classes to work for the younger minds(and attention spans😜) to still give everyone a “full saber experience” while still teaching some spinning and choreo basics🤙🏻.  I also had a meeting with a woman that runs a group for teens with autism, and we’re going to work out a saber night for them as well!  I can’t wait to see where it goes from here!😊

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »

It is, Taegin😁 i’m going to fill my surrounding communities with Jedi and Sith of all ages!  I’ve been trying to get a feel for how i’ll restructure my classes to work for the younger minds(and attention spans😜) to still give everyone a “full saber experience” while still teaching some spinning and choreo basics🤙🏻.  I also had a meeting with a woman that runs a group for teens with autism, and we’re going to work out a saber night for them as well!  I can’t wait to see where it goes from here!😊

Yes, help set the paths for the younglings and padawans, Elwood. I like that you’re active not only in adults and children, but also for those with special needs. It’s refreshing to hear about especially in this day and age. Have a point

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »

Yes, help set the paths for the younglings and padawans, Elwood. I like that you’re active not only in adults and children, but also for those with special needs. It’s refreshing to hear about especially in this day and age. Have a point
If it can be done with safety and fun, then i’ll help anyone wield a lightsaber😊🤙🏻 thanks, Infinite!

I actually have one new student with pretty severe physical limitations that will make flow and spinning quite difficult for him, but he’s still interested in my Saber Initiate course.  So, for him, we’ll focus more on the choreography- and using moves like the flower spin and pivots to create velocities for him.  He’ll still get to feel like a Jedi by the time he’s completed the course (with other less limited learners) and earns his saber🤘🏻😊

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: