Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My first comic-con  (Read 14995 times)
Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 12:59:33 AM »

I have been to 3 comic cons and one Supernatural Con (family) and I have never done any Cosplay. My kids have. But this year at Comicpalooza all of us, me the wife and 3 kids, are doing Cosplay. I'm a little nervous but looking forward to it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Have fun! And you'll get used to the odd picture request.  Cheesy

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 01:33:36 AM »

Darn just made a reply and lost it to server connection problems.  Here's the short version.  Angry

Thanks Edon, Xamon, Racona and tx.  I almost was going with Rapine to the Niagara Falls convention in June.  He likes to cosplay.  There are a few other members in the area plus at least one relatively close just over the Ontario border.  Perhaps we could all get together next year.  Please take lots of pics so I can see what was missed this year.  Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 12:45:53 PM »

A smaller venue is a bit tougher to break into cosplay as there's just not as much going on and a lot more time for individuals to stare at you lol.  That's how I felt last year at my first con but, it started something in me thats grown and added fun and confidence to be in cosplay.  The con in Calgary is one I'd like to visit, big trip though.  Great share D7 and so nice hearing everyones adventures and stories.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:45:21 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »

Why the heck am I just seeing this now?

Awesome pics D7. Smiley

Yes, I've found that one day is more than enough to see everything at a con.  I do recommend the Saturday though. Wink

Prices!  Yeah - Yikes!  Did you happen to see what a celebrity pic is worth?! O_o

I've attended Toronto's con, and that looks very, very similar to it.  Something cool everywhere you look eh? Tongue  IMO, unless you simply HAVE TO HAVE a specific person's autograph, standing in one of those lines for my entire admission price, isn't really worth it.  I don't personally put much weight on celebrity myself though - they're still just people IMO.

I have to figure out my cons for this year yet...

Great stuff D7. Smiley  Looking forward to more.  +1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »

Why the heck am I just seeing this now?

Awesome pics D7. Smiley

Yes, I've found that one day is more than enough to see everything at a con.  I do recommend the Saturday though. Wink

Prices!  Yeah - Yikes!  Did you happen to see what a celebrity pic is worth?! O_o

I've attended Toronto's con, and that looks very, very similar to it.  Something cool everywhere you look eh? Tongue  IMO, unless you simply HAVE TO HAVE a specific person's autograph, standing in one of those lines for my entire admission price, isn't really worth it.  I don't personally put much weight on celebrity myself though - they're still just people IMO.

I have to figure out my cons for this year yet...

Great stuff D7. Smiley  Looking forward to more.  +1

yep, pending on the celeb. you're looking $30- $140 for one sig. I paid $20 for a pro wrestler's (trade bait) being in group is harder, organizing people to show multiple days, in costume, cover the table. Grand Rapids for us is 3 days in a booth, so make some props and make sure we have enough to show off.
again, one con leads to more wanting you at theirs. this weekend added two more to the list 1 Oh. and 1 Mi. con

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »

Oh trust me, if I had a passport, and the fundage right now, I'd be doing a con circuit stateside. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 08:58:27 PM »

When I went to my first ever comic con it was in Denver, Colorado and was totally nervous x.x I'm autistic with aspbergers and can't really handle large crowds but once we actually got their I felt right at home Tongue Plus our cousin was with us so was probably a fun experience for him too. Need to go to another convention during the summer =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 10:16:10 PM »

great pics D7! really like the kilted Vader, thats hilarious!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 02:40:29 AM »

Very nice pics D7. It looks like you had a grand time! If you're in the area, I'm going to try and make it to Visioncon in Branson, MO, Con Nooga in Chattanooga, TN, and Supercon in Louisville, KY in 2018-2019. I want to try and make it to more cons, now that I have a few costumes to work with and love interacting with people at them, especially the kids.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 07:14:20 AM »

Thanks Master V and everyone else that I haven't thanked yet.  Smiley  Wish I was going to be in the area as I would really like to go to another con this year.  V... do you recall a few years back when a few of us were casually talking about getting together... perhaps at Disney World or the Las Vegas con ?!  Would be great to attempt to make a more solid plan and commitment for next year.

Your cosplay is going to be so impressive and is really going to be a bonus for any attendee's experience.  The cosplayers were the best part for me.  Have an awesome time and I look forward to seeing your photos... that is if you are not too busy posing and having fun.  Cheesy

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

Thanks Master V and everyone else that I haven't thanked yet.  Smiley  Wish I was going to be in the area as I would really like to go to another con this year.  V... do you recall a few years back when a few of us were casually talking about getting together... perhaps at Disney World or the Las Vegas con ?!  Would be great to attempt to make a more solid plan and commitment for next year.

Your cosplay is going to be so impressive and is really going to be a bonus for any attendee's experience.  The cosplayers were the best part for me.  Have an awesome time and I look forward to seeing your photos... that is if you are not too busy posing and having fun.  Cheesy

I definitely remember those plans and it's sad they fell through. If only going to cons didn't rely on money. I would love to see several forum members appear at a con. I think the problem besides money was trying to find a location that would accommodate several of us.

And yes, seeing all the costumes is one of my favorite things about going to them. If you are still hesitant on cosplaying out in public, I'd recommend doing a cosplay with a mask. That usually will get you out there without people recognizing ou or having to make an impression. You can even remain silent and play the character using body language instead of speaking. Or if you're like me, you don't even have to worry about playing a character and just walk around in costume and take pics with people. There are several ways to ease into it.

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 09:32:47 PM »

I still have yet to goto my first comic con. I wanna go so bad. Gotta keep on the lookout for ones around Toronto.

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »

One day I will have money to get together a costume and be able to travel. Until then, at least I get to see all these awesome pics and imagine how fun it is being there.
Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »

I still have yet to goto my first comic con. I wanna go so bad. Gotta keep on the lookout for ones around Toronto.

The Niagara Falls one is coming up in early June.  Not sure when the Toronto one is held.  Moderator Lord Rapine is the one to get in touch with for all the cons in your area.  Smiley

Thanks Master V for all your helpful cosplay suggestions.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:34:44 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »

Yes, NFCC is in a mere couple of weeks.  I have no plans on going this year though.

Toronto has it's own in March, and also holds the nation Fan Expo on Labour Day weekend each year.

I've been to each of the cons twice - pretty awesome.  Never gone to FanEx.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: