Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: My first comic-con  (Read 14994 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 01:00:59 PM »

funny thing, my 1st con was motor city comic con...way before it got huge and cosplay became big.
we had comic artists and that was about it.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »

Hi All,

I got to my first Con last year, only a local one but I got to meet a Doctor Who assistant (ACE) and TWO Bossks! One Bossk was Mr Alan Harris and the other Bossk was a friend of mine who cosplays him. I thought my friend lived in America so you can imagine my surprise when he introduced himself!

But the SW highlight of the day was talking to Mr Harris and discussing acting techniques and Bossk's meeting with Vader on the Star Destroyer. I mentioned that I could see him acting "through" his costume rather than just standing there, especially when he glared down at the Imperial officer. To this Mr Harris replied,
"Yes but you couldn't hear me say this.....HHHHISSSSSSSH!" and he struck the pose, scowled at me and made a lizard like hissing noise! Priceless.

Hoping to meet Tim Rose in June...... but I fear it may be a TRAP!

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 09:55:00 PM »

Is anyone here planning on going to SW: Celebration 2019 in Chicago?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 03:20:44 AM »

Chicago's a bit far for me, Master V.
Have to see how things play out

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 06:00:48 PM »

Hi Dauntless Seven, I got to the Comic Con yesterday and I managed to get the autograph I hoped to get...

Now I have been mentioned by Admiral Ackbar doesn't that make me official Star Wars canon?  Grin
Oh and I came across this guy, Darth Maul and he attacked me with Menace (staff)!

I only had an old cellphone/camera combo so gouldn't get many really good pictures but thought you might like these!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »

Hi Ty  Smiley  Thanks for sharing these great photos.  Wow those blades are illuminated !  Love them both and it's so nice to see you in your element.  Yes you are now unofficially part of SW canon.  lol  Wink

awesomeness point   Cool

My city con will be at the end of March next year 2019.  Not sure about fair weather at that time for the outside events but will plan to attend on Saturday instead of Friday.  One day should do it.  May have to loan the 501 some sabers as they were sorely lacking... which to me was quite odd and a bit of a let down for the fund raising photos.  Undecided

I'm sending you a PM in the next few days or so to catch up.  Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 06:34:01 PM »

Thanks D7,

The day was great even for a small 3000 seat arena. I can't believe how well that Maul photo turned out considering my phone but then Princess Leia did take the photo for me!

Hopefully you will get to a con sooner than 2019.
But I always thought the 501st were aimed more towards Troopers than Sith and Jedi? The Princess Leia and Darth Maul I mention come from a big (and well respected)  Trooping group here in the UK and I know Maul and another Sith Lord uses US sabers. The Sith Lord had a Scorpion staff no less, unfortunately I didn't catch the gentleman's name as he had a face mask but is a forum member here.

Will chat in our PM

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2018, 11:14:59 PM »

Hi All,

I got to my first Con last year, only a local one but I got to meet a Doctor Who assistant (ACE) and TWO Bossks! One Bossk was Mr Alan Harris and the other Bossk was a friend of mine who cosplays him. I thought my friend lived in America so you can imagine my surprise when he introduced himself!

But the SW highlight of the day was talking to Mr Harris and discussing acting techniques and Bossk's meeting with Vader on the Star Destroyer. I mentioned that I could see him acting "through" his costume rather than just standing there, especially when he glared down at the Imperial officer. To this Mr Harris replied,
"Yes but you couldn't hear me say this.....HHHHISSSSSSSH!" and he struck the pose, scowled at me and made a lizard like hissing noise! Priceless.

I'll be meeting Time Rose in Nov. Ray Park in August.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 11:54:46 PM »

I'll be meeting Time Rose in Nov. Ray Park in August.

Hi bigBear,

You're in for a real treat if my meeting with him was anything to judge by. He was funny and the stories he told me were great (I won't repeat them in case he tells them again but one story was how Ackbar really got his names!)
He even complimented me on some of my saber designs I showed him.

Hope you have as good a time as I did.

+1

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:28 PM »

Glad that you had a great time, it's addicting.  Love comic cons (and anime).  I got to them as much as I can, getting into cosplay, eventually.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: