Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about the Aeon V4 LE and AV Switches  (Read 1474 times)
helios747
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 24, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »

Hello,

So I got my Aeon V4 LE hilt today. Beautiful simple hilt. I ordered it configured with an AV switch hole.

What I didn't think of though, is how the heck do I get the backing nut onto the switch? This is a long hilt that doesn't appear to come apart!

Do long, *incredibly skinny* wrenches exist or something???

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »

Hi.  I'm not an electronics customizer but have a few av switches.  US like some other sabersmiths glues the switch into the hole.  Not sure what kind of thicker clear glue is used but have heard the 660 (?) is a popular one.

Will move your post to the Technical section for further replies.  Smiley

helios747
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »

Ah, alright.

That could work. Is there a recommended glue you all use for this? Preferably something I can make sure doesn't set too quickly so I can wipe excess off the front of the hilt?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »

Just had to check out a conversation I had with Kouri.  He's the ultimate Forum go to person for electronics customization along with JediXIX.  Unfortunately both only visit the Forum on an irregular basis.  Racona Nova is our Electronics Moderator but does not do customizations yet.

Kouri says that one could use a super glue.  But the brand E6000 which I believe comes in a silver tube ( large or small individual tubes )  would be the best.  Gives a bit of setting room and is shock absorbent.  Therefore less chance of the switch moving or detaching from the hole edges.   

Hope this helps and let us know the results and the product you actually used.  Smiley

helios747
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »

Perfect!

I actually have plenty of E6000.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 06:50:12 PM »

Nope, no customization experience yet...but I'd have voted for either hot or super glue for secure fixation of the switch as well Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 07:23:32 PM »

and yes there are long skinny wrenches some with 0 degree ratcheting heads but they can be quite pricey.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 01:55:52 AM »

I'm a little late to reply but you don't need a wrench. You need lots of patience to use the nut. A flat screw driver can be used to hold it against the inside of the hilt which will allow the inner curve to hold two flat sides. Then the switch, with wires attached, can be turned into the nut. It is not easy to keep the wires from twisting up around the inside end of the switch but it can be done. I usually order with the guarded style hole the drill it out a bit and tap it to receive the switch directly so I know that it can be done and how challenging it really is.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Creative Force
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:47 PM »

I just completed a conversion on a Dominix and actually used epoxy to keep the switch in place. Seems to work fine. But if you're able to have smaller hole and tap it so that the switch can directly screw in, then that would be ideal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: