Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Did I break my LED? Please help.  (Read 823 times)
DarthSithis19
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 25, 2018, 02:22:19 AM »

Hey everyone, so I was messing with my LED in my Aeon V2 and my LED stopped working. I unscrewed the led star out of the casing revealing the solder points and led light. I don't know if I touched it and shorted it out or if I tightened it too hard when I re-installed it but the plastic bulb on the led star has fallen off and it looks as though there is a tiny square that was underneath it. The LED is a Luxdrive Indus. Thanks.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »

We need pictures to see what you are taking about.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »

From your description, it sounds as tough you've knocked an LED die off the star - meaning that, unless you are quite adept at soldering very fine parts, yes it's pooched.

I fully concur with tx_tuff though; a pic or two would certainly help.

For future reference, don't do that...lol  The LED dies are kind of fragile, and susceptible to oils and acids from your fingers anyways.  I wear gloves whenever I handle one, and treat it like a snowflake...lol

I truly hope that's not the case DarthSithis19.  It does sound like it though.  Undecided

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: