Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone Added A Control Switch Box To Archon v3.1?  (Read 5174 times)
Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« on: March 30, 2018, 09:54:14 PM »

I know folks have done this. Which control box did you get/from where  and how did you secure it onto the Archon v3.1? The Archon v3.1 is quite an accurate looking ROTJ Hero saber without the control switch box. So I was wondering if anyone here had any experience adding the box? It's just for aesthetics.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:23:54 AM »

Yes I did. I got my box and card from TCSS which luckily we can mention here. But it is just for looks, I keep the AV switch and just camouflages it with black stripes. To secure it I drilled and tapped two holes. In the discretion on TCSS it tells you what sys screws and of course they sell them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »

Yes I did. I got my box and card from TCSS which luckily we can mention here. But it is just for looks, I keep the AV switch and just camouflages it with black stripes. To secure it I drilled and tapped two holes. In the discretion on TCSS it tells you what sys screws and of course they sell them.

Didn't you have to gut your saber to do that? I am not very good with electronics but it would be cool to do this.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 07:34:59 PM »

Didn't you have to gut your saber to do that? I am not very good with electronics but it would be cool to do this.
Oh no, I took off the pommel and made sure the wires were to one side. I tapped up the drill bit at the width of the saber wall so that I wouldn't do into the electronics. Didn't do anything with the electronics, I still use the AV switch to operate it.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »

That just looks kick ass with the control box! The Archon v3.1 looks quite good as it comes from Ultrasabers. Thanks for sharing.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »

What I did was add a Graflex clamp with circuit board insert and torqued it down, nothing as elaborate (or awesome!) as Tx's version.  I will post individual pics later but here's my Archon in a group pic:

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »

What I did was add a Graflex clamp with circuit board insert and torqued it down, nothing as elaborate (or awesome!) as Tx's version.  I will post individual pics later but here's my Archon in a group pic:

Yours looks just as nice brother!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 09:37:30 PM »

That looks neat too. I was thinking of that approach too using a Graflex clamp. Close up pictures would be awesome, thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: