Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Parts Question  (Read 1436 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 30, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »

So wondering, those that have Obsidian Lite on your sabers, say like a Sentinel or Dominix V4, can a covertech wheel still be installed or does the battery pack/board set up take up too much space? Still wanting to get me a covertech wheel put on my Dark Sentinel LE for saber wearing and costume events so =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DavidYaw
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 11:03:39 PM »

I have a Sentinel LE, with Obsidian v4, with a covertec. The screw that holds the covertec on is just long enough to do so; it doesn't protrude into the inside of the saber at all. (Or if it does, it's so little that I never noticed it, and it doesn't interfere with anything.)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »

Okay. Will have to get some new equipment at some point to do simple stuff like this myself Tongue I'm not bad at it so. I'll know to get actual metal style ones so the pieces fits better this time around. Like before when we would install the wheels say on my old Dominix V4 LE and Dark Liberator V3 when I had them the screws would come stripped like the very next day, same with my Sentinel V4 but I managed to save that one so x.x Not really sure what always went wrong with those. Either drill bit types or what

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 03:34:03 AM »

Hi.  Why don't you just use some strong glue and place it where you want.  That Mayhem saber I customized came with the covertec glued on at the emitter... and I attempted with no success to pry it off even with a dremel burr.  There was no tap and drill or need for a screw to secure.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »

Hmm. Weird. Never really thought of that Tongue Only glue I can think to use is gorilla glue but I don't know if that'll stick metal to metal or not

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -82

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:10:38 AM »

I have a Sentinel LE, with Obsidian v4, with a covertec. The screw that holds the covertec on is just long enough to do so; it doesn't protrude into the inside of the saber at all. (Or if it does, it's so little that I never noticed it, and it doesn't interfere with anything.)
^^^ this is correct

Try not!...do, or do not.. there is no try.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »

The tricky part is drilling and tapping the hole.  You need to make sure the battery pack and electronics are out  of the way for that.  But the screw that holds the covertech doesn't protrude into the saber's body far enough to cause any damage, so attaching the wheel isn't an issue.  I added a covertech to my Aeon V4 with an Emerald and Obsidian V4 card in it, no problems.  The Lite card is smaller.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 03:32:57 AM »

I added a covertec to Duron's Lance. Just make sure the electronics are out of the way, and that you can stop the drill once it goes through

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: