Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MLS Connector Questions...  (Read 1410 times)
Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« on: March 31, 2018, 08:24:48 PM »

Hi all,

I am creating a semi-custom saber using a dark shock hilt with a TCSS choke section.  I had added quick disconnects for the MLS unit, but I need wire extensions to take the wiring up the choke section.  My question is: what type of connectors does US use for their MLS units? Do they use different ones for Tri Cree, FOC, and regular single node LEDs? Can I just buy some JST connector jumpers from TCSS and be golden or does US use a different style of connector that I will have to make my own jumpers with?  I have emailed, and gotten no response from the company, and I havent been able to find any straight answers on the forum yet.  Can anyone help?

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Electrum Wind [FO] Premium Sound, Dark Sentinel V4 LE
 lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 02:51:23 AM »

US doesn't use the JST connectors that TCSS uses.
What they use is closer to the two-wire connectors TCSS has under the wiring section
I hope this helps

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »

Thanks so much!  I will look into those.

I just want to make sure that I purchase the right connectors for my extension.  So if I purchase those 2 wire connectors, It will work with my US purchase?

I may just have to build two different connectors, one with a JST if I get a MLS module from TCSS, and one with the 2 wire connector if I get a MLS unit from US.  That is of course, if that is the same or a compatible connector.

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »

I may just have to build two different connectors, one with a JST if I get a MLS module from TCSS, and one with the 2 wire connector if I get a MLS unit from US.  That is of course, if that is the same or a compatible connector.

Kind of what I wound up doing with a couple of my customs.
And I'd compare pics before ordering the two-wire, just to be safe

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »

All you need to do is solder more wire to the section before your clips.

I don't think anybody sells wires with connections in both ends you can just plug in. So no matter which one you buy you will have to be able to solder.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 06:43:35 AM »

Thanks gents.

I knew that I was going to have to solder a little bit since US doesnt use the JST connectors.  I was just hoping that someone else sold the connector types so that I can make some custom jumpers for different MLS modules if I get a few from TCSS.

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 07:11:19 AM »

I would just convert them all to the ones you can buy at TCSS. This way you can always buy more for other sabers. Or even search other electronic sites, you may find the ones US uses, they have to be out there somewhere.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: