Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New User- Canot access Saber Quick Menu  (Read 5958 times)
revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« on: April 05, 2018, 02:16:42 AM »

Good evening, everyone.

Just received my first Ultrasaber, A Diamond Flamberge. Was trying to access the Saber Menu (using the instruction so the video, where you hold the power button and do two quick clockwise twists) as well as the older instructions on the manual, where you do a stabbing motion with the button held down and access the saber menu.

Neither one worked. Sad I seem to access a weird color/sound buzz setting, and cannot scroll through the fonts.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I need to maybe recharge the batteries or something..?

In any case, an amazing product so far- and thank you al for your patience wit a newb!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:59:17 AM »

I would read this:

http://rsxengineering.com/saber_resources/Diamond_UserManual.pdf

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:05:28 AM »

Hi and thank you for the answer! I did read through it, and trined the stab approach- as in:

1) Power Saber Up
2) Hod button Down, erform Stab move

The saber then goes into a weird mode with a constant buzz- and no matter how I turn clockwise, it doesn’t give me any different ousndfonts or options.

I also tried the version Emery expains on the video (power on, hold button with 2 quick clockwise twists, which opens the menu)- I get the same weird pink buzzy setting, no mention of changing fonts. Sad

Am I doing it wrong..?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »

Hey there revenantdsm,

That's crappy.  Undecided

I don't own a Diamond saber, so really can be of no assistance.

There's a member here who's an actual RSX dude though.  I'd imagine that he's only on here during business hours though, so you'll likely hear from him soon. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »

Thanks, and I hope so- trying to install the Diamond Controller also is still a work in progress, I thought that could be a workaround- but we’ll see.

Fingers crossed!

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »

Thanks, and I hope so- trying to install the Diamond Controller also is still a work in progress, I thought that could be a workaround- but we’ll see.

Fingers crossed!

Hi there!

First off, make sure you have installed the Launcher on your computer. Connect the saber to the computer and run the Launcher as administrator (right click on the Launcher icon and click run as administrator).
Make sure the saber communicates with the launcher and run the Diagnose from the Diamond tab. When the diagnose is finished, click Restore Factory Defaults.
Also, make sure your firmware is up to date (v. 2.43). You can check by looking into the Launcher Main tab when connecting the saber.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Adrian

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »

Thank you Adrian! Will check later this evening and report back! Smiley

Question- if I run the Ultrasabers Launcherrwithout the saber connected via USB, will the program fail to launch/crash completely?

I'm getting a "UltraSabers Launcher has stopped working" error.
(Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   UltraSabersLauncher.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0)

Is that correct? I made sure to remove then reinstall the latest C++ Redistributable prior to installing the Launcher.

Thanks!

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »

Sorry, nevermind- I have to try this first, sorry for lack of reading comprehension.

Run installer As Administrator to overwrite the previously installed v4 app.  It is imperative that you have your diamond controller turned on and plugged in while the installer is running to properly install the drivers.

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 12:34:42 AM »

Followed the instrucions, still no luck. Going to DL the Mac version on my Air and see if it works.

Anything special to do when launching/instaling there..?

And always, thanks!

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 01:05:42 AM »

got it to connect on my Mac- supplied USB cord did not work, swapped it out with one of mine and I got it to see the saber.

Tried to load the defaults, no change. Sad

I’ll read the PDF and see if there is a change... keep you all posted...

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 01:43:01 AM »

Progress! Was able to Restore Factory defaults, which changed the color of the lightsaber... but even after writing and confirming it,  all that happened is that my saber’s color changed- but I still cannot access the Saber Quick menu, not via hold and 2 quick counter clockwise twists, or via the stab motion. Sad

Anything else I can try..?

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »

Progress! Was able to Restore Factory defaults, which changed the color of the lightsaber... but even after writing and confirming it,  all that happened is that my saber’s color changed- but I still cannot access the Saber Quick menu, not via hold and 2 quick counter clockwise twists, or via the stab motion. Sad

Anything else I can try..?

When trying to access either menus, do you get any sound? Also, does the saber react to motion - for instance when performing a swing or stab or clash, do you see and hear the light/sound effects? we are trying to establish whether it's a hardware issue.

Cheers,
Adrian

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »

Hell Adrian and thanks!

Yes, I do hear the swing/stab effects. It seems like the saber simply jumps straight to lock up mode rather than the menu options.

Also, if I push / click the power button quickly (without holding it, just a quick press)it locks up immediately. Don't know if that is the way it is designed to work, though.

I have a video in the other related thread here also for reference, you can see what I am doing and what is happening.

Thanks again!

Rev

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »

Hell Adrian and thanks!

Yes, I do hear the swing/stab effects. It seems like the saber simply jumps straight to lock up mode rather than the menu options.

Also, if I push / click the power button quickly (without holding it, just a quick press)it locks up immediately. Don't know if that is the way it is designed to work, though.

Quick press and release of the power button triggers the lockup effect - that's normal operation.

Now let's see about accessing the onboard menus. From what I've seen, it might be a sensitivity issue. Please connect your saber to your computer and run the Launcher as Administrator. Go to the Diamond Controller tab and motion detection sensitivity for 'Stab'. Set it to 190. Retry to enter the menu. Let me know how what happens.

Also, can you access the onboard volume control (by triggering two clashes in less than 1 second while keeping the
switch pressed)? or the Learning gestures menu?

Cheers,
Adrian

revenantdsm
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 10:45:15 AM »

hello Adrian!
I  tried the sensitivity agjustments, and could not get to the font menu. I was able to get to the volume adjust menu twice, but it was accidentally while trying to get to the font change one- I was never able to get to it on purpose (by triggering the two clashes in one second).

In any case, I contacted Custoer Service and they were kind enough to send me a service number so I can send the saber to be checked out-let’s see what happens, hopefully we can figure out the issue.

Thank you for your help, always!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: