Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Dorinian  (Read 234982 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »

Obi-Wan's does look similar in some ways to Qui-Gon's. Anakin is too much of an unorthodox Jedi, which is why his is so much different. But also, these three characters are all much more important to the series than Lumi or Plo Koon were.
Yeah QG and OB each have predominant silver and black color schemes with red buttons. They're practically identical.  Roll Eyes Tongue They didn't even have the same blade color. One would have thought that a master chose a padawan that would have led a similar path. Unless blade color is truly meaningless. Undecided

And Anakin's is Vader's with a silver emitter shroud instead of black, and thinner linear grips.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2018, 10:45:44 PM »

Is this a thread about the Dorinian or QG and Anakin's?  Cheesy

Good news: I got a shipped notification from Ultarsabers that my Azure Dorinian has shipped! Four days of lead time for a saber with light and Premium Sound! 10% sale and as a Spring Raffle entry ticket. Can it get any better than this? Thank you Ultrasabers!

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2018, 02:42:20 AM »

Is this a thread about the Dorinian or QG and Anakin's?  Cheesy

Good news: I got a shipped notification from Ultarsabers that my Azure Dorinian has shipped! Four days of lead time for a saber with light and Premium Sound! 10% sale and as a Spring Raffle entry ticket. Can it get any better than this? Thank you Ultrasabers!

Congrats! That's great news!

Can't wait to see the pics!

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »

I will be picking up mine today. I went for the classic silver but with a Yellow blade. Just because I didn't have one yet. I will post a mini review when I get it.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Dyllan-Ame
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 145

Get your head out of your cockpit

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »

I just checked the Deal of the Day and it’s the Dorinian!

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2018, 02:26:31 PM »

I have MINE in my clutches now.... MUUUUHHHHAAAA .... Oops ...  I am very pleased with the overall saber. The weight is just about right, and the detail and feel are very comfortable. I replaced the covertech wheel with a gold one I had and I will be adding a gold diamond screw to help the color scheme. The threads on the pommel have a few burrs in them but I put a light coating of wd40 and it helped them move with minimal grinding. I am very impressed with the Sentital Yellow color, it gives it that little bit of difference that makes it mine. If I could ask US for one thing it would be for a Gold Anodized option or even just on the pommel fins. I think this saber would do it proud. I just need to figure out how to anodize the fins on the pommel gold and I'll be in nirvana.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB

Gifted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »

Received my Dorinain yesterday and i'm quite impressed by it. It's got some heft to it. Mine has the diamond board option and i'm liking the 2.45 update, but I was trying to customize the fonts and the software doesn't recognize the new saber. Also, the ring edges are a bit sharp and i'm trying to figure out a way to smooth them a little without scuffing up the finish. Maybe a polishing wheel at work? Anyone have some advice for this?

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »

Here is mine with a few minor customizations. I think they just enhance the overall appeal.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »

Looks amazing TR!

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »

Like what you've done with this, TR

DizB
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »

Awesome look TR! How did you get the gold on just the fins and the band on the hilt? I have one on order and cannot wait to play with it. Also interested in the ring edges. Did you find a way to smooth them?

Point for making awesome even more awesome!

To truly become a complete Jedi one must fully understand the power and potential of the dark side.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

Very subtle changes yielded great increase in aesthetics, nice TR!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »

I simply painted a few spots copper. I really want to have it anodized or plated but I do not have the ability. As for the pommel fins I took it appart and just painted them.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »

I can't wait to get mine. I'm torn between the standard one, the black one, and the red one. I really don't know which one I want. Maybe I'll get one of each. What do you think? Thanks for all the pictures and updates. These are pretty awesome.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2018, 06:42:47 PM »

That saber is drop dead gorgeous TR, a job well done.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: