Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A question regarding LED's  (Read 2605 times)
NovaCog
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« on: April 06, 2018, 05:09:16 AM »

So I never really noticed until now, but my Pyrestone orange  Dark Initiate saber I bought around 2 years ago is Red, like Blazing red, not the molten orange ive seen in coloration or Pyrestone. I even checked the LED to see if a wire was lose or not, everything seems fine, batteries arnt the issue either.. Did I just luck out and my lack of paying attention never notice? This ever happen to anyone else? Anything I can do short of finding someone to replace the LED?   Thanks in advance! ( this goes to show how often I pay attention to my off saber lol))

NovaCog
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:23:17 AM »

and then I notice I am an Idiot, could a mod please move this to technical?  I failed to notice that as a board option X_x

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »

Sounds pretty strange, I could take a look at it, if you like.  Shooting you a PM now!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »

I had an old Pyrestone LED that gradually changed to a permanent pinkish-orange salmon color.  A nice color but lost some of the illumination in the blade. 

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »

I had an old Pyrestone LED that gradually changed to a permanent pinkish-orange salmon color.  A nice color but lost some of the illumination in the blade. 

That is so strange, because they make it using an RGB LED... so unless the green die is poorly resistored, your color shouldn't really change over tim e.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »

You are talking to the person who had an LED change from a one diode red to CG with white FoC in pretty much one depress of the guarded switch (ObLite saber ).  No member has come up with a reasonable cause for this yet.  Blame it on the will of the Force lol.

If you can figure one or both out then that's outstanding.  Wink

NovaCog... I'm wondering if you use either an orange US color disc or a theatrical gel filter such as the Lee brand over the LED... if that would return it to the more blood-orange that you are wanting back.  Red is a great blade color as well.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:54:13 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

NovaCog
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »

Seems like I may have gotten just a plane red LED, as its never changed colors its just always been this way.  Neros been helping me out in Pm's  as it doesnt look like there is a second color mixed in with the red.  Side note, ive noticed on the side of the LED unit it says SRD, I just have no idea what that means, since my knowledge of LEDS is limited too " its pretty"

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »

SRD... means Sunrider's Destiny which is a combo of green and blue.  So that makes it even more off lol.  Did you purchase this saber new at the time ?  If so... then the tech just picked up the incorrectly marked LED housing.  Smiley

NovaCog
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 05:37:30 PM »

Yep it was the last saber I purchased back when my job liked given us bonus's. The mysteries of this sabers color keep getting more and more fun!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »

I advised him to contact the folks at US via email, and to keep me posted on the results.  If nothing else, I'm perfectly willing to help him with the LED swap if need be.

NovaCog
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 01:37:30 AM »

Apperently my issues were just astronomically bad luck with batteries.  the shipped batteries, and several replacement packs wernt good enough. several tries later and it looks good, but now I also know some ideas incase I do ever need saber work done. yay!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: