Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ryan’s challenge  (Read 2984 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« on: April 07, 2018, 07:58:57 PM »

I’m sticking this here because for whatever reason, i can’t post in Ryan’s challenge thread🤔

So here’s some practice at my studio with one of my favorite hilts, the dark catalyst.  This one is my customized saber i’ve named “Thorne”. Enjoy!🤙🏻

And if there’s a Darth Cephalus lurking- thanks for the inspiration and unwitting push for me to practice in costume🤘🏻

http://youtu.be/oS57au9n3A0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »

I think you’ve confused DC’s normal attire for costume 😆😆😆

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:07:35 PM »

I think you’ve confused DC’s normal attire for costume 😆😆😆
LOL🤣 good point.  Well played, Sam!🤙🏻

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 11:32:22 PM »

Good looking saber work there

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:47:12 AM »

*always lurking*
Good spinning there and...nice boots. I also am really jealous of your training area. Until Sam’s comment, I thought you were talking about the recent videos in my Darth Nihilus and Darth BunBun costumes. The stuff with the long coat, high boots, and fedora is indeed my normal clothes. As a matter of fact, those are my work clothes and therefore probobly the most normal looking clothes I wear these days. On my off days, it sometimes gets weirder. On my off days I often wear a kilt.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 08:38:45 AM »

*always lurking*
Good spinning there and...nice boots. I also am really jealous of your training area. Until Sam’s comment, I thought you were talking about the recent videos in my Darth Nihilus and Darth BunBun costumes. The stuff with the long coat, high boots, and fedora is indeed my normal clothes. As a matter of fact, those are my work clothes and therefore probobly the most normal looking clothes I wear these days. On my off days, it sometimes gets weirder. On my off days I often wear a kilt.
Many thanks for the props, firstly(especially the boots, i’m quite fond of that find!)!🤙🏻 On your garb, i figured your long coat combo was pretty close to the real-deal DC, just with a little extra (gloves n hat) for style points.  But i was also referring to the litany of Nihilus, BunBun, and some of your flame work! I figure anything worn full-well knowing it’ll catch contact with a blade is at least close to costume😉 bunny ears, long robe, that sort of thing😄

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 07:25:19 PM »

*always lurking*
And further more!😄 seriously though- i do really appreciate the compliments on the skill, given your earlier tutorials were my springboard into the technique🤙🏻 your hand switches and ariels are still a big inspiration, fer sure!
And on the practice space, also thanks- it’ll be way cooler if i can get people in there eager to learn, and willing to let loose some expression😁
Respect for the kilt as well, sir! (It’s been quite a few years since mine fit, perhaps it’s time to remedy that🤔?)
Methinks some long-saber spinning in a kilt would make for a good vid!

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 06:16:40 AM »

And further more!😄 seriously though- i do really appreciate the compliments on the skill, given your earlier tutorials were my springboard into the technique🤙🏻 your hand switches and ariels are still a big inspiration, fer sure!
And on the practice space, also thanks- it’ll be way cooler if i can get people in there eager to learn, and willing to let loose some expression😁
Respect for the kilt as well, sir! (It’s been quite a few years since mine fit, perhaps it’s time to remedy that🤔?)
Methinks some long-saber spinning in a kilt would make for a good vid!

Dew It!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS57au9n3A0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS57au9n3A0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Good stuff. Loving the gear as well!

Agree with DC, fantastic training area.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »

http://youtu.be/67yNRQEpk9s

Only edited out the really big flubs- keeping it, like, 92% real, yo😎

Another fun fact: the music on this one’s also my composition- titled “Space Marine Fight Scene”🤙🏻

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 04:11:00 AM »

http://youtu.be/67yNRQEpk9s

Only edited out the really big flubs- keeping it, like, 92% real, yo😎

Another fun fact: the music on this one’s also my composition- titled “Space Marine Fight Scene”🤙🏻

The ill techniques! Very different than what I'm used to seeing from you. It's also nice to know I'm not the only one that accidentally grabs my blade sometimes. That makes it 100% real. LOL. The music is very appropriately titled. It reminds me of a Macross/Robotech space battle. I have an Aeon V4 and Dominix V4 and thought it couldn't get any better. Then I got a Sentinel V4 and I find it way more comfortable. What hilt do you find is the most practical for you? Keep on rockin' brother! Oh, and the studio is looking FRESH!!!

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »

The ill techniques! Very different than what I'm used to seeing from you. It's also nice to know I'm not the only one that accidentally grabs my blade sometimes. That makes it 100% real. LOL. The music is very appropriately titled. It reminds me of a Macross/Robotech space battle. I have an Aeon V4 and Dominix V4 and thought it couldn't get any better. Then I got a Sentinel V4 and I find it way more comfortable. What hilt do you find is the most practical for you? Keep on rockin' brother! Oh, and the studio is looking FRESH!!!

Thanks, Gar🤙🏻! I want to incorporate more flourish style transitions, and there’s a couple hand switches that i haven’t been able to try until recently-  and now that i’ve the room to move, i can actually practice it more😁 and point for the RoboTech reference🤘🏻

As far as a “practical” hilt- i find myself coming back to my V2 Dominix( that’s why i did some weathering and rotary tool work on that one) to try out new stuff.  But after working with the Sentinel, i’m kind of feeling some love for that hilt, too.  If i pick one up, i’ll go the anodized route so’z i can purdy it up like Thorne (formerly a Dark Catalyst).
Very well-balanced and comfortable, f’sho🤘🏻

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: