Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Not Functional  (Read 2917 times)
toppsnyk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 23

« on: April 08, 2018, 03:38:26 AM »

So I've had my Scorpion for a couple weeks now.   Changed the color to show someone at work on Friday. Everything fine.  Set to yellow and went to change it to Orange Sat morning .  while changing the colors I did a test and instead of orange it pulsed blue and green. tried writing to the board again but it stayed blue. disconnected reconnected ...and now no LED at all.  will say its connected and nothing in the control panel is grayed out, just doesn light up.  Sound is still working fine

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »

First thing we always recommend is charge your batteries, sometimes when they start to get low things get finicky.

If that isn't the issue I would carefully inspect the Emerald board. Try to see if you can spot any damaged components on the PCB or broken wires. Do not remove the tape and try not to poke at the board too much, don't want to accidentally void the warranty. Posting some pics is always helpful too.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »

^ What Lady A said. Check the batteries first. If they're fine, check the board and the wiring for any issues. If you should find anything unusual, pictures might help us to identify the problem Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

toppsnyk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »

First thing we always recommend is charge your batteries, sometimes when they start to get low things get finicky.

If that isn't the issue I would carefully inspect the Emerald board. Try to see if you can spot any damaged components on the PCB or broken wires. Do not remove the tape and try not to poke at the board too much, don't want to accidentally void the warranty. Posting some pics is always helpful too.

Figured the sound would be an issue before the led when it came to battery strength but i guess not?  Board and wires look fine (and it recognizes the board when I plug it in and start  the software. 

So battery issue.  I tried to use 2 chargers at home and just now tired a 3rd at work - none will charge the batteries.  I used a different set of rechargeable batteries (Energizer 1500 mAh) and made sure they were fully charged and got sound and no led with them also.

Do i need the specific charger / batteries from US?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 06:24:02 PM »

No, the LED needs more power than the sound board, so that's why the LED shuts down before sound does.

You need a charger that can charge Li-Ion batteries (for example the XTAR chargers from Ultrasabers). Don't use a charger for Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries!! Also, don't use normal AA batteries! They don't provide enough power for the saber to work properly! Always replace Li-Ion batteries with Li-Ion batteries of the same brand and spec - the ones provided by Ultrasabers (14500 Li-Ion 3.7V protected from XTAR) are recommended!

I suggest getting the charger/batteries bundle!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

toppsnyk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »

No, the LED needs more power than the sound board, so that's why the LED shuts down before sound does.

You need a charger that can charge Li-Ion batteries (for example the XTAR chargers from Ultrasabers). Don't use a charger for Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries!! Also, don't use normal AA batteries! They don't provide enough power for the saber to work properly! Always replace Li-Ion batteries with Li-Ion batteries of the same brand and spec - the ones provided by Ultrasabers (14500 Li-Ion 3.7V protected from XTAR) are recommended!

I suggest getting the charger/batteries bundle!

Thanks for helping a newbie out!  Sounds good and I'll probably order stuff up quickly.   Points given to all in thread!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 08:28:15 PM »

That's why we're here Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: