Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Question  (Read 6111 times)
ApeXLazarus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 08, 2018, 07:09:41 AM »

Just a question from somewhere new to this forum

What lightsaber trick do you guys find the most difficult/complicated? For me it's the double bladed senseless spin ahaha I don't practice tricks too much

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 08:52:21 PM »

Hello. Do you mean staff saber or two separate single blade sabers? Either way If it's a staff look for Master Venturous' tutorials on Youtube, or check out Samhain. They aren't the only ones, but I would personally say start with them. They are both insanely good with a staff. If you mean two single blade sabers, Venturous and Darth Cephalus both have excellent dual wielding lessons . Just know they will most likely be calling it an Obi/Ani or Eclipse spin.
 Me personally I find doing ANYTHING really precise to be the most difficult. I think most people can bust out anything short of contact moves and flips or aerials, but getting it to look right and clean is the real challenge to me. That's why I haven't posted any videos yet. When I do it will probably be sloppy anyway. Oh well. Be sure to go slow and not injure yourself like I did.
Have fun and Good luck! Smiley

What type of points do you prefer?

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 05:32:26 AM »

I think it is safe to say, the most difficult ones for me are the contact moves. The only move I know of I can’t do with any degree of certainty is called a Steve. I have been working on it for a couple years.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:43:41 AM »

I think it is safe to say, the most difficult ones for me are the contact moves. The only move I know of I can’t do with any degree of certainty is called a Steve. I have been working on it for a couple years.

Whoa!! DC stumped? What in the name of the Force Is a "Steve"? I must know.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »

Seriously, I am SO curious what this move is. I am far from good, but I've put a lot of time into you and Master Venturous' teachings. So much that I injured my arm and have only had an hour or so to put in practice for the last month while waiting to see if my arm will ever be the same. You owe me nothing, obviously, but I would be honored if you could give a description of this move or a link to you or someone else attempting it.
 By the way, you are the reason I decided to get what I consider a "practical trick saber" instead of the fancier looking "shelf queens" I was originally looking at (thank you). I got the the Aeon V4 and Dominix V4 without cover-tech knobs. Thank you for the constant inspiration and the drive to practice until I broke my battery pack speaker combo on carpet in less than two weeks. Yeah, I incorrectly skipped ahead several lessons. I thought I was feeling the force. LOL.
 You are a style MASTER, (clothing and otherwise) so anything that has you working on it for several years has me super curious. Rock on Sensei Cephalus!!!! Your style is extraordinarius!!!!

Doumo arigatou
Garret McGee

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 02:58:30 AM »

This video is from about a year ago. At about 0:40 there is a sloppy steve roll. There are a lot of variations to it and a lot of repeating styles, but the general idea is having the saber horizontally rotating, having it roll down the arm to the back of the neck, into a neck wrap, up the other arm, and into the other hand. Problem is, it always winds up my hair: nearly every damn time. I put my hair up, and it still finds a way. I wear a hood, and it just falls off the back of my neck. I can actually throw a clean one these days but very rarely and only after several drops.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9BsrE4RX0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9BsrE4RX0</a>

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 03:26:20 AM »

I second the contact moves being difficult with a saber.  It took me breaking a couple and many bruises and bumps before I got a solid grasp on how contact moves work.

I’d say excluding contact moves, moving through flowers seems to give people problems when I’m teaching.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 06:14:30 AM »

This video is from about a year ago. At about 0:40 there is a sloppy steve roll. There are a lot of variations to it and a lot of repeating styles, but the general idea is having the saber horizontally rotating, having it roll down the arm to the back of the neck, into a neck wrap, up the other arm, and into the other hand. Problem is, it always winds up my hair: nearly every damn time. I put my hair up, and it still finds a way. I wear a hood, and it just falls off the back of my neck. I can actually throw a clean one these days but very rarely and only after several drops.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9BsrE4RX0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9BsrE4RX0</a>

Wow! That does seem difficult. It looks awesome to me though. I don't have a staff (I think I need one), but I saw more contact moves than I thought were even possible in that video. Using a single blade saber, I was doing a sketchy version of the roll to the inside of the elbow and back to the hand that you are doing at about 1:45. I thought "oh well, that's not a real move" but I guess it is. As always, so much inspiration, so many possibilities. This video made me realize if I come up with and like a move, it IS a real move. Thanks for sharing.

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 06:36:26 AM »

I put this together 2 years ago to demonstrate some contact staff moves with a lightsaber staff.

http://youtu.be/TFTAK1LlyH0

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »

I put this together 2 years ago to demonstrate some contact staff moves with a lightsaber staff.

My world view has been shattered. That was amazing. Shocked

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »

Enso has been my lightsaber goal since I met him lmao

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:20 AM »

Enso has been my lightsaber goal since I met him lmao

I can see why. That is just crazy. He looks bored it's so effortless.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:34 AM »

Thanks Enso, that was the video I was looking for to show you what those things are supposed to look like. Before Enso, I did not know these moves could be done with a lightsaber. Sam refers to his stuff as wizardry and I am inclined to agree. I am nowhere near as good at this stuff as he is and the steve still eludes me most of the time, but without Enso, M.C. Smith, and Sam to push me into things, I would not have gotten here.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0M-bk-7sOw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0M-bk-7sOw</a>

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 04:41:43 AM »

Thanks Enso, that was the video I was looking for to show you what those things are supposed to look like. Before Enso, I did not know these moves could be done with a lightsaber. Sam refers to his stuff as wizardry and I am inclined to agree. I am nowhere near as good at this stuff as he is and the steve still eludes me most of the time, but without Enso, M.C. Smith, and Sam to push me into things, I would not have gotten here.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0M-bk-7sOw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0M-bk-7sOw</a>

Wizardry is an understatement. It's comforting to know my greatest teachers have people to look up to. Smiley

cjohnson
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 10:23:23 PM »

Ummmmm..........What exactly did I just watch!!!!??? That looked so effortless. That was a lot of practice and is really impressive.
I have 3 staffs waiting to come in and have a lot of practice to do I guess.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: