Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Emerald Works, but not Obsidian  (Read 1619 times)
ScudDawg
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 08, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »

So I have a Windows 10 PC and my emerald drivers work every time I connect to my PC (via a 2.0 hub, not sure if that matters or not).  But when I try to edit my sounds, I cannot connect to my saber with the same USB cable.  Is there something I am missing?  I have read lots of posts the past week and did not see any workaround.  It sucks having spent almost $1000 on 2 sabers and can only switch the colors.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:25:16 PM »

I assume you plugged it into the Obsidian board USB port? There are two ports, one for each board.

Connecting via a hub is okay, actually Win 10 works better with a hub when connecting an Ultrasaber. This also is the usual workaround for any connection issues under Win 10, together with avoiding any USB 3.0 ports.

If you use the correct board port, is there any error message in the launcher? If so, can you post a screenshot of it?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ScudDawg
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:06:20 PM »

Yes I am using the correct port, the emerald port works great, no obsidian board in my house works on windows 10.  I am not getting any errors, it just says no saber is plugged in, when I switch to the emerald it works fine without doing anything but moving the usb cable.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »

No Obsidian works...that's odd. Have you tried connecting the saber via the "Connect" button after you switched from the Emerald board to Obsidian? Auto-Connect only works when the launcher is opened the first time. Disconnecting a saber without closing the launcher disables Auto-Connect, so you'd have to use the "Connect" button to re-connet a saber.

If you use the Connect button, then there might be a problem with the Windows Driver communicating with the launcher and the saber. There I suggest uninstalling the device and launcher completely, closing the launcher and going through the initial connecting process again - installing the launcher with Admin rights (right-click on the setup file -> Run as Administrator), plugging the saber in, waiting for the driver to install, launching the launcher as administrator (right-click on the icon -> Run as Administrator). You should always install and start the launcher with Admin rights, otherwise you may run into those connection issues - especially Obsidian is known to have them under Win 8 and 10. Only doing that on an Admin account without the right-clicks doesn't always give you all Admin rights needed for some programs to work properly.

Let me know if that solves your problem Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: