Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber switching font by itself  (Read 2535 times)
Vakaryn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: April 10, 2018, 12:54:39 AM »

Hey guys, I'm here because after hours of tooling around with settings and diagnostics, I cannot fix my issue. I have 6 fonts currently loaded on my diamond board, with fonts 1 and 2 being custom ones I made. I've been using these fonts for a while with no issues until now. I plugged my saber into my PC for the first time in ages to tweak some sensitivities and the like. All my changes were accepted and work fine but a new issue has arisen. when I have font 2 selected, all the sounds, lighting effects and gestures work fine but when I power the saber off, it will not boot into font 2, it will switch itself back to 1. Fonts 1 and 3-6 do not have this issue, just 2. I made sure both firmware and launcher are updated to current, I even rebuilt font 2 from scratch but got the same issue. I am at a loss on how to fix this. Can anyone offer help? The diagnostic tool also says fonts don't exist when they clearly do. I'm befuddled over this whole situation. If I force it to default to font 2 through the launcher before I unplug it, upon power on it will tell me there was an initialization error but still power up properly but again, just for that specific font.

Current sabers owned:

Electrum Wind (Diamond)
Scorpion (Obsidian)
Reaper (Obsidian)
Graflex CE (Obsidian)
Archon V2 (Obsidian)
Overlord (Obsidian)
Dark Standard Issue V2 x2
Dominix LE V2 x2

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:01:37 AM »

Hi,

Save your custom font on your local hard-drive. Try running a diagnose and restore factory defaults. Run a diagnose again and see if there are any errors. In case everything is fine, upload the font in question and see how it behaves.

Cheers,
Adrian

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »

My question would be have you tried switching font one and two, does it then have issues with it in position one? If it is strictly the font causing issues then making a simple font using the sound files individually should allow you to find the culprit.

Vakaryn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »

Thanks for the responses guys. I had already tried the factory reset and kept getting the same issue with the font no matter which spot I loaded it in. I have narrowed it down to the sound file for the power on effect having some sort of error in the file itself no matter how many times I remake it in my editor. I have ditched that entire font and made a new one entirely and no issues since. That original font works fine on my other Obsidian boards but it just doesn't like the Diamond board for whatever reason. Not a big deal at the end of the day, just wasn't meant to be.

Current sabers owned:

Electrum Wind (Diamond)
Scorpion (Obsidian)
Reaper (Obsidian)
Graflex CE (Obsidian)
Archon V2 (Obsidian)
Overlord (Obsidian)
Dark Standard Issue V2 x2
Dominix LE V2 x2

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: