Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian motion sensor question (horizontal swinging?)  (Read 2232 times)
firsttime
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 17, 2011, 09:19:34 PM »

Hi there,

I have a quick question for you guys:
Is it normal that my saber hardly makes any swooshing noise when I swing it perfectly horizontally (from left to right at the exact same height). My brother noticed this recently when I let him fool around with my Archon. When it's swung slightly vertically maybe 5° angle (?) then it's fine. However, if I swing it sideways only (comparable to moving along the x-axis only in geometry) there's almost never a sound playing.

I'm starting to think this might be a problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

PS: I actually started this topic already, but somehow it's not visible.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:25:01 PM »

Well the reason it probably because you aren't actually moving the hilt.  If the blade is being swung in a level like motion (i.e. you are rotating your wrist) then the motion sensor in the hilt won't pick very much up.  Try move the hilt form side to side.  this should give you a better reaction.

The problem rests in the fact that you can't put electronics in the blade as they would become destroyed from fighting.

Cheers.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »

Obsidian detects motion on 3 axes.  If you are not content with the sensitivity of the saber, you can change the sensitivity setting in the Obsidian Launcher.

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »

Another thing is where the board is located in your hilt, and where your hold your saber while spinning. I have a Consular with the Obsidian, and i found it that it's best to hold it realey high at the emitter (where the balance point is), that way the soundboard is ourside your grasp, like 2 inches lower in the hilt, so any motion you do with your hand (spins) you send your board spinning (in the hilt) so that it makes a longer circle and therefore the motion sounds are made easey. The configuration of the sensors allso helps ALOT!

Try recalebrating your sensors, and let us know what u find out Smiley

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: