Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Photon blade compatibility  (Read 1229 times)
DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

« on: April 15, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »

Do the photon blades look brighter/more vivid when using arctic blue or guardian blue?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:11:42 AM »

From what I have seen and read online GB since blue activates the photon blade the best, so Tri-Cree GB would be ideal to maximize the brightness of the effect.  With AB, one of the leds is green so won't have the same high frequency lightwaves but should still work cause at least one led will be blue in the standard version (in Tri-Cree AB, two leds are blue and one is green so again tri will be brighter).  Hopefully another member with first hand experience can confirm this.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:17:13 AM »

Yup. Even regular Arctic Blue works and looks best I think, got to try one on my Overlord saber in person last year and totally loved it =] Even though its mostly Arctic Blue might have to get me a Photon blade for that saber at some point. Highly recommend either Arctic Blue versions though, really brings out the green

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:48:35 AM »

Hi fellas.  Even though photon blade is somewhat generic...  I'm going to request that either this conversation be carried on in private or to go view some of the really informative YouTube videos regarding different blades and best colors to use with them.  Ultrasabers at this time do not offer photon or day blades.  Thanks.  Smiley

Biriv
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:40:29 AM »

I hope i am not upsetting D7 Smiley but i have an Archon v2 tri GB and a Graflex CE tri AB and i can honestly say that the Archon produces a nicer, brighter green with a photon blade (i have one of those as well). I really hope that Emory and team will introduce a kind of photon blade, it would be a most welcomed addition to their lineup in my point if view

The Guardian - Diamond
Bellicose - Blazing Red, ObLite
Aeon v4 - Consular Green
Dark Apprentice LE v4 - Arctic Silver

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 04:54:42 AM »

Have to agree with you.  Photon and colored day blades would be a most welcome addition.  I confess to owning some.  Cheesy

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

I went with the TCSS version. The blue LED seems to react to make the lime color, while the green LED looks like the regular consular green. So, if you want the limy glow, more blue may get you there. (side note: white makes a pale yellowy lime green.)

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »

Hi fellas.  Even though photon blade is somewhat generic...  I'm going to request that either this conversation be carried on in private or to go view some of the really informative YouTube videos regarding different blades and best colors to use with them.  Ultrasabers at this time do not offer photon or day blades.  Thanks.  Smiley
I haven't found a satisfactory answer on YouTube. I certainly did not mean to offend Ultrasabers.

DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »

Yup. Even regular Arctic Blue works and looks best I think, got to try one on my Overlord saber in person last year and totally loved it =] Even though its mostly Arctic Blue might have to get me a Photon blade for that saber at some point. Highly recommend either Arctic Blue versions though, really brings out the green
Thank you, sir or madam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: