Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestions for a new enthusiast  (Read 1980 times)
nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

« on: April 15, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »

Thinking of getting in on the raffle and having a tough time deciding.  I’m leaning towards a dark prophecy in blazing red (w. Lite sound), but was convinced a short time ago my next would be a regular prophecy or graflex se in arctic blue.  I feel like I’m too light side with my collection and my 4 year old keeps wanting me to put red discs in my adegan silver sentinel bc he likes the red!

If any of your wiser Jedi/Smith have suggestions, I welcome it! 

Sabers Owned: Dark Inititate v4 LE (Orange)MB; Dark Apprentice v4 (Green)MB; Aeon V4 (Guardian Blue); Sentinel v4 LE (hi-ho Silver); Dominix v4 sound v4 (Orange)raffle; Electrum Wind sound v4(VA)

Wish list:Graflex CE, Prophecy (either), Chosen One, Archon v3.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »

Come to the Dark Side, we have way more fun.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »

Come to the Dark Side, we have way more fun.

Tis true, this is.

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:08:10 AM »

Come to the dark side.
The Dark Prophecy is a beautiful hilt that also lends itself well to modifications/weathering.
It's a beautiful hilt in Blazing Red

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:57:04 AM »

Have you thought about the quick disconnect option? That would allow you to change blade colors if you chose to. The dark side is more fun I have to admit they're all correct. An Arctic blue would look really nice too, or Bane's heart.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »

Quick disconnect won't really work on a Prophecy model--no removable emitter

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 03:05:16 AM »

The only good suggestion from one of the dark siders is to consider the quick disconnects.  Wink  You would have to check with Ultrasabers if this saber is compatible for QD.  If you know how to solder... you could install them yourself.  Some Forum members could give you some guidance.

The Prophecy is a great saber to own... just check that it's in stock.  If you are going with Lite sound... consider getting a Tri-Cree LED in blazing red.  Will look awesome.  Cheesy  

Here's a pic of my dark one with a MHS pommel swap out.  Smiley

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:38:26 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 03:18:43 AM »

I’ve read the blazing red is a duller color.   Would you say the tri cree is mandatory?

Sabers Owned: Dark Inititate v4 LE (Orange)MB; Dark Apprentice v4 (Green)MB; Aeon V4 (Guardian Blue); Sentinel v4 LE (hi-ho Silver); Dominix v4 sound v4 (Orange)raffle; Electrum Wind sound v4(VA)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 04:54:12 AM »

Thinking of getting in on the raffle and having a tough time deciding.  I’m leaning towards a dark prophecy in blazing red (w. Lite sound), but was convinced a short time ago my next would be a regular prophecy or graflex se in arctic blue.  I feel like I’m too light side with my collection and my 4 year old keeps wanting me to put red discs in my adegan silver sentinel bc he likes the red!

If any of your wiser Jedi/Smith have suggestions, I welcome it!  

I'm the resident "Prophecy Guy" around here as you can tell by my forum title.  They are easily my favortire lightsaber hilts.  I have two regulars and a Dark one.  Fantastic sabers, they look awesome and are super comfortable to hold.  The Graflex is my second-favortie hilt, it looks awesome but is not comfortable to duel with.  

Here are my reviews on them

First Prophecy (in Bane's Heart)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8NkennMoc&amp;t=43s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8NkennMoc&amp;t=43s</a>

Second Prophecy (Guardian Blue)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3Io9kbgPM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3Io9kbgPM</a>

Dark Propehcy(Blazing Red)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEDlWz1vuU&amp;t=557s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEDlWz1vuU&amp;t=557s</a>

Graflex SE (Arctic Blue)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg7Rv8yviC0&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg7Rv8yviC0&amp;t=1s</a>

Hope this helps, don't forget to like and subscribe!

I'd say the Tri option works well with Blazing Red, makes it look better IMO.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 04:58:30 AM »

The prophecy is one of the smaller diameter and light weight sabers so it will be great for your little one to handle too.  If you are not getting FOC, then for sure get Tri-cree.  However I have a single LED BR saber (dark arbiter prize I won) and yes red is not as bright as other colors but coupled with a midgrade blade, it does light up well.  And even with the purple dayblade it still lights up well so don't worry it will be bright enough or else US wouldn't sell it.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 03:18:57 PM »

Go Red or Go Home 

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Disnihil
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »

Tis true, this is.

I'm also going to be purchasing my first lightsaber within the next few days. I'm going to be coping an Emerald Scorpion. I wanted to see if any of you could elaborate on some things I've read/seen on reviews about UltraSaber lightsabers. I've read that the electronic components aren't fastened too well inside of the hilt and rattle around. I've read that people will glue things to the inside of the hilt to mitigate this problem.

Has anyone else encountered this type of issue? How much truth is there to what I've heard.

nolatiger
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 10:29:50 PM »

I’m sure this is just personal opinion.  Tri Cree or FOC, which is the better add on?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 02:59:42 AM »

I've read that the electronic components aren't fastened too well inside of the hilt and rattle around. I've read that people will glue things to the inside of the hilt to mitigate this problem.
Has anyone else encountered this type of issue? How much truth is there to what I've heard.

I don't glue things nor have I heard of anyone gluing things inside the hilt because you need to be able to pull out the battery pack and emerald board to change/recharge batteries and connect the board to the laptop.  So no I would definitely not recommend gluing things inside the hilt, however US doesn't use a chasis so to mitigate impacts or rattling, a lot of people put foam, tissue, or cotton balls inside the hilt to stop the internals from rattling around.  This however seems more of an issue when it is just stunt setups where it is just a battery pack.  Every US saber with sound that I have does not need this extra precaution.

I’m sure this is just personal opinion.  Tri Cree or FOC, which is the better add on?

That is the eternal question.  My basic thought is if you like hitting things with your saber then go for FOC, if you like brightness of the blade over anything else then Tri-Cree.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: