Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Right Size For Different Heights  (Read 691 times)
Dr. Lobster
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

Lightside points please

« on: April 16, 2018, 06:14:56 AM »

I'm wanting to know if there is a suggested length of the saber for different heights. I'm 5.6ft and didn't want get a size that would be too big or too small for me to use

I don't got a signature

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:27:27 AM »

The 32in blade is just about perfect for that height. Of course the 24in would be great for practice (spinning, indoors messing around) the 36in is just a little bit to much length for me to get comfortable. You and i are about the same height.  Just my opinion,  and i do have all those blade lengths. It's just what i noticed. Hope this helps.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Dr. Lobster
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

Lightside points please

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »

The 32in blade is just about perfect for that height. Of course the 24in would be great for practice (spinning, indoors messing around) the 36in is just a little bit to much length for me to get comfortable. You and i are about the same height.  Just my opinion,  and i do have all those blade lengths. It's just what i noticed. Hope this helps.
alright thank you

I don't got a signature

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »

Hey there Dr. Lobster,

Yeah, Malik Thanewulf is right.  I'm 5'7", and use 32" blades.  36" ones hit the ground from time to time. Wink

As for the actual hilt, it kind of depends on the way you'd use it.  I prefer one handed, so like smaller/shorter hilts (Prophecy - no really).  Some want more of hand-and-a-half (you could add a second hand easily enough) hilt though (Sentinel - no really).  Others still prefer to constantly want two hands on the handle (Scorpion; Bane; crossguard saber...).

Hope this helps.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:46:09 PM »

Hi.  Don't forget to factor in how much of the blade is lost inside the emitter of each saber.  The normal range for most sabers is 2 - 2.5 inches while some sabers such as the Aeon/Dominix/Initiate and Sentinel/Apprentice lines can take up to 3 - 3.25 inches of blade length.  

That being said... a 32" blade would be the best choice for your height.  If you can... get an extra 36" blade for the experience and option.  A grab bag one is the most cost effective.

A mid-grade blade is half the thickness and weight of a heavy grade.  Also more whippy and less emitter top heavy.  Depending upon the saber chosen... you may want to purchase another pommel for counterbalance or ballast.  Smiley 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: