Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Favorite Easter Eggs in Ready Player One *spoilers*  (Read 9350 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »

They don' kno da wae.

Much like Jon Snow, they know nothing.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »

On a level of Jon Snow to 10, how much do you know?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »

This one goes to eleven. Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 03:53:24 AM »

To be fair, there is so much pop culture in this film some people are bound to not get somethings.  I'm sure there is something I did not catch on to as it may have had something to do with a Property I do not follow.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »

Krull is a classic though...  *sigh*

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »

Krull is a classic though...  *sigh*

Classic to one is noting to another :p

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »

Classic to one is noting to another :p

Turn in your geek card, blasphemer! Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »

Turn in your geek card, blasphemer! Wink

Wanna hear another one...I dont really care for Indiana Jones   *Pulls geek card and Lightsaber*   Come and get it  Tongue

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 08:20:49 PM »

Eh, IJ is more adventure, Geeks only really revere it because of Ford and Spielberg.   Besides, your error is in accuracy;  Krull is a classic, by definition, it's old enough to qualify. Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »

Eh, IJ is more adventure, Geeks only really revere it because of Ford and Spielberg.   Besides, your error is in accuracy;  Krull is a classic, by definition, it's old enough to qualify. Wink
Wrong on both counts. Jones proved that even history nerds could kick ass. And if it hadn't been for random chance, I would have never seen this movie in my youth, and therefore never known the awesomeness of rotary death known simply as The Glaive.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 11:41:17 AM »

Wrong on both counts. Jones proved that even history nerds could kick ass. And if it hadn't been for random chance, I would have never seen this movie in my youth, and therefore never known the awesomeness of rotary death known simply as The Glaive.

Which illustrates one of the few things that have always irked me about Sci-Fi/Fantasy.  Calling things by names that belong to other items (vague I know).   What was shown in Krull would "technically" be a Shuriken.   A glaive is a European polearm , a devastating bastard of a weapon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »

Which illustrates one of the few things that have always irked me about Sci-Fi/Fantasy.  Calling things by names that belong to other items (vague I know).   What was shown in Krull would "technically" be a Shuriken.   A glaive is a European polearm , a devastating bastard of a weapon.

But in a completely fictitious world you can call anything anything.

In our world a standard issue glaive is this:

But when you compare size, the glaive in Krull is surely not a shuriken.

Also.......you wanna tell Emory US got it wrong? Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »

But in a completely fictitious world you can call anything anything.

In our world a standard issue glaive is this:

But when you compare size, the glaive in Krull is surely not a shuriken.

Also.......you wanna tell Emory US got it wrong? Roll Eyes

Again, I hate that.  Either call it what it is or make up your own name, don't pull some word you heard and slap onto something not even close.  Shuriken come in all manner of sizes and shapes (while of course not as big as the one in Krull), in form and use it is absolutely a shuriken. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »

Again, I hate that.  Either call it what it is or make up your own name, don't pull some word you heard and slap onto something not even close.  Shuriken come in all manner of sizes and shapes (while of course not as big as the one in Krull), in form and use it is absolutely a shuriken. 
I believe it was you that told me my biggest problem with suspension of disbelief is my "burden of knowledge" is too great. Same thing here. You're knowledge of medieval hardware distracts you from enjoying that aspect of a movie. And I totally feel you, but for me "a rose by any other name..." But for the average movie-goer, a glaive is a word that they have never heard, so it could be anything.

I'm sure there are gun nuts fire arm enthusiasts that watch Hellboy and say the Samaritan is totally the wrong design to fire rounds that big.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 03:39:55 PM »

I believe it was you that told me my biggest problem with suspension of disbelief is my "burden of knowledge" is too great. Same thing here. You're knowledge of medieval hardware distracts you from enjoying that aspect of a movie. And I totally feel you, but for me "a rose by any other name..." But for the average movie-goer, a glaive is a word that they have never heard, so it could be anything.

I'm sure there are gun nuts fire arm enthusiasts that watch Hellboy and say the Samaritan is totally the wrong design to fire rounds that big.

True enough, but with naming things wrongly, it creates a situation where the wrong label seems to always become the norm.  Another example (since you brought up Firearms) is calling a Magazine a Clip.  Its less about suspension of disbelief and more an adherence for correct terminology.  I'm a stickler for it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: