Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Plo Koon Ultrasaber  (Read 3606 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« on: April 17, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »

Like most people here, I'm pretty excited about the new Plo Koon inspired hilt!  Out of curiosity, I wanted to start a thread for people to discuss what options they're getting.  Are you going with the yellow bladed Plo Koon from Jedi Power Battles?  Or the canon blue?  Or perhaps something completely different?!

DISCUSS!

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »

I'd go for yellow or amber but I don't plan on getting one.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »

While I have no immediate plans to get one, it is on my list.

The standard silver hilt would indeed look stunning in blue, but the dark version would look kind of wicked in like a PO or something too...lol

Crimson with TRI AS? Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »

While I have no immediate plans to get one, it is on my list.

The standard silver hilt would indeed look stunning in blue, but the dark version would look kind of wicked in like a PO or something too...lol

Crimson with TRI AS? Tongue

Orange would be a good one!  His saber does look orange in some of the comics.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »

Dark, Guardian Blue, silver av switch, black top button silver bottom button to give that Plo Koon hint to it =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »

Dark, Guardian Blue, silver av switch, black top button silver bottom button to give that Plo Koon hint to it =]

I gotta say, as much as the regular version is more canonical, I absolutely LOVE the Dark variant on this hilt.  Seriously, I might have to get one myself...

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »

It's definitely on the list, but pretty far down I must admit. I'd get mine in the classic silver with Tri-Guardian Blue plus red and black thumbscrews to match Plo's saber of course.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 05:40:58 PM »

This one is on my short list.  :-)  Options I am looking at:  Dark version, in Adegan Silver so I can filter it to yellow and also to a brilliant cyan I found in my Lee Swatchbook.  :-)  Silver AV switch lit to red or blue, not sure which, and with Obsidian Lite sound.

And at some point I am going to think REALLY hard about swapping the emitter and pommel out for the Scorpion pommel and a Catalyst emitter.  I am thinking that the Cat emitter and scorpion pommel would play very well with that hilt...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »

I was gonna say the Dark would look very nice in yellow ... but honestly you can get superior yellows by filtering, so Tri-AS with the Dark Dorinian. Same goes for a Cyan/SRD blade  Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 07:01:12 PM »

I was gonna say the Dark would look very nice in yellow ... but honestly you can get superior yellows by filtering, so Tri-AS with the Dark Dorinian. Same goes for a Cyan/SRD blade  Cool

I actually like the SRD.  My daughter has it in an Apprentice LE, and it is gorgeous.  But I can mimic it nicely with a filter, and with the Tri-AS I can change between that and yellow and a really nice ice-blue I love.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »

No plans for one (or four) yet, but I do want one. Actually one of each model. Obviously I'd get the regular in GB, but they would all have QDs so I could swap the colors out.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »

I actually like the SRD.  My daughter has it in an Apprentice LE, and it is gorgeous.  But I can mimic it nicely with a filter, and with the Tri-AS I can change between that and yellow and a really nice ice-blue I love.  :-)

It's a nice shade for sure, but I find it not so bright. However it depends because US has done SRD a few different ways ie: resistors or discs in the module etc.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 02:02:26 AM »

I can see it as being a new Nero signature saber Tongue You could use something different for sure. My signature for now is my custom Shock saber Clan saber design inspired

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:19 AM »

I think the azure hilt version in fire orange would look real good.  I'm thinking all silver buttons and an orange lit silver AV.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 12:57:03 PM »

It's a nice shade for sure, but I find it not so bright. However it depends because US has done SRD a few different ways ie: resistors or discs in the module etc.

Typically they use an RGB setup for a mixed color SRD these days, although they used to go with a Luxeon Cyan.

Actually, if anyone wants a dedicated SRD color, I highly recommend the Luxeon Rebel Cyan.  It's powerful and exactly the right hue for SRD!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: