Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven as dueler?  (Read 7938 times)
DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 03:13:17 AM »

I cut the claws on my Raven down so I could duel with it. Not all sabers with claws have trouble in dueling, the reaper and war glaive are fine for me, but yeah the ones on the Raven are too long for it.
Wow, how did you do it, how much did you leave on the saber & how does it look? Did you have to polish the cut edge, or did you leave it unfinished?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »

I cut the claws on my Raven down so I could duel with it. Not all sabers with claws have trouble in dueling, the reaper and war glaive are fine for me, but yeah the ones on the Raven are too long for it.
You take that into your own hands. Even the shorter claws can still break, be aware.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »

Wow, how did you do it, how much did you leave on the saber & how does it look? Did you have to polish the cut edge, or did you leave it unfinished?

I just used a circular saw, it wasnt difficult. i did have to dremel them a good bit to avoid sharp edges though. It looks good to me, I think!

You take that into your own hands. Even the shorter claws can still break, be aware.

Haven't had any problems since cutting them down, though I do keep a piece of clear tape over the screws on the claws. That way if they get loose and fly out, the screw stays with the claw.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 11:15:25 PM »

I just used a circular saw, it wasnt difficult. i did have to dremel them a good bit to avoid sharp edges though. It looks good to me, I think!

Haven't had any problems since cutting them down, though I do keep a piece of clear tape over the screws on the claws. That way if they get loose and fly out, the screw stays with the claw.
If you wouldn't be averse to the idea, could you post a picture or two here of the claws?

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »

Does anyone own a Raven and use it for heavy dueling (full speed swings)? I am wondering if the claws will stand up to the repeated impacts.

yes, the impact will rattle the claws loose and that can lead to damage.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 11:53:27 PM »

From what I have seen when claws break, it tends to be at the screw connecting to the hilt.  The claw itself is pretty solid metal but a strong hit to the claw will rip out the set screw and strip the corresponding threading on the hilt.  At least that is what I have seen in videos of people dueling with them on.  Luckily I have not experienced first hand as I learned from watching and wanted no part in that happening to my sabers.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 03:51:33 AM »

I would never duel with anyone that is using a saber that has a claw or multiple.  That's just too safety dangerous and asking to get a forever memory scarring.

As requested your post is now moved to saber questions.  Smiley

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 02:35:49 PM »

I have an Aeon V2 and I think the simple design helps with dueling because there is so much room to grip. there aren't any little greeblies to get your fingers stuck on.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 02:42:22 PM »

I have an Aeon V2 and I think the simple design helps with dueling because there is so much room to grip. there aren't any little greeblies to get your fingers stuck on.

V2's make great duelers, they also have 2 set screws for the blade. the prophecy is the same way.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -40

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE!

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 12:18:08 AM »

I've battled with my War Glaive Emitter with the claws on and they held up fine. I know they took some wacks and only put nicks in the other blade.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 04:29:03 PM »

I do believe US recommends removing the claws for dueling on all models that have them.(I however may be wrong on that one.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: