Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Brood Guard question  (Read 1116 times)
joehundredaire
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 19, 2018, 05:09:53 AM »

This might go down in the books as the weirdest measurement-related question ever asked on this forum, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any of the three Brood Guard variants and could measure the distance from the underside of the side handle to the deepest point the blade inserts to? So in other words, from the underside of the handle to the end of the emitter, and then subtract the depth that the blade can penetrate into the emitter housing?

To make a long story short, I'm planning to modify a pair of Brood Guard LEs to serve as crutches for my mobility-impaired girlfriend. UltraSabers is willing to custom cut the blades to the exact size we need for her to use the sabers as crutches, but I need to know more about the sabers themselves so that I can provide the appropriate measurements when we order the two sabers.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 05:15:14 AM »

While I'm afraid I can't help with the measurements I have to pop in and say that is a wonderfully brilliant idea for a pair of Brood Guards.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

joehundredaire
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:50 AM »

Thanks! I'm also working with a local metalworking company to create bridge pieces that can be combined with a full saber to turn it into a five foot tall lightpike. A friend of ours does a Miraluka cosplay and wants to rid herself of the hassle of having to juggle her blind cane AND a lightsaber at conventions.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 09:52:21 PM »

So, to check, you want the measurement from the side that would be facing the ground when leaning on it? The side of the handle facing towards the emitter?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

joehundredaire
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:53:51 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl4go0nxkuyljgx/WideClose.jpg?dl=0

This measurement. Basically, I know how long my girlfriend's existing crutches are. By having that strangely exact measurement off the Brood Guard, I can calculate how long to have the UltraSabers shop custom cut the blades so that the net result is a combination of blade plus hilt that equals the same length as the existing crutches.

DarthTavion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »

This might go down in the books as the weirdest measurement-related question ever asked on this forum, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any of the three Brood Guard variants and could measure the distance from the underside of the side handle to the deepest point the blade inserts to? So in other words, from the underside of the handle to the end of the emitter, and then subtract the depth that the blade can penetrate into the emitter housing?

To make a long story short, I'm planning to modify a pair of Brood Guard LEs to serve as crutches for my mobility-impaired girlfriend. UltraSabers is willing to custom cut the blades to the exact size we need for her to use the sabers as crutches, but I need to know more about the sabers themselves so that I can provide the appropriate measurements when we order the two sabers.
That's a really nice thing to do, I hope they turn out the way you want and bring her a lot of enjoyment. Good luck with your project!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: