Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: The no eclypse challenge  (Read 17265 times)
Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 02:32:40 AM »

here we go! if anyone finds a fail-spin, go ahead and call it.  either way this was 5 minutes straight, no stops, and with as much fluidity as I could muster without a single blossom, flower, or eclipse.  cheers!! Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2kDU6RU7Y

Epic!
This is great if for no other reason than I don't think I have seen anyone do 5 straight minutes of spinning even with eclipses.
I already really dig your style, but it's interesting to see it change (in an awesome way) to accommodate this challenge.
I see several new things I want to try in this video. This is why I enjoyed trying this, and why I hope more people will.
Do you feel like you learned a lot by having restrictions on what you could do?

I'm obviously not the one to make the call on what you did at 1:47, I trust Master Venturous, but if that's a reverse eclipse I've been doing them wrong. It's highly likely that I have.
I like the strike that follows at 1:49. I would like to call that a "Krayt dragon punch". Shoryuken! Smiley

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »

I don't know...that move at 1:47 looked an awful lot like a reverse grip eclipse. I thought the flow was on point though and the reverse grip work is smoother than mine.
That move was totally a bail from ALMOST hitting a flower 🤣 it took a lot of concentration to not use them, and i did ultimately really dig being pushed out of that comfort zone.  It was fun, and i dug the workouts(two  short take fails, and another full 5 minute where i left frame for a few seconds) and many many thanks for the compliments, Master V!

And yeah, Gar- that move made me think Dragon Uppercut for sure!  It may or may not have been an inspiration on past practice occasions🤙🏻

Thanks, TR! Always appreciated😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 08:54:20 PM »

Good job with that. I know what you mean about the bail. I had to do that once or twice too. There was a point in mine where I was heading into one and I had to dead stop the saber to avoid it. Frpom now on though, I think a revers grip plum flower with a pivot should only be known as a dragon uppercut.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »

Good job with that. I know what you mean about the bail. I had to do that once or twice too. There was a point in mine where I was heading into one and I had to dead stop the saber to avoid it. Frpom now on though, I think a revers grip plum flower with a pivot should only be known as a dragon uppercut.

Just a dragon uppercut, or a Kryat dragon uppercut?

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 04:36:14 PM »

Thanks, DC! Means a good deal😁.  I’m down with a reverse grip flower being the kryat dragon uppercut🤘🏻- i may just have to try and work in an arial pivot to give a little more homage to Street Fighter😉

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »

Thanks, DC! Means a good deal😁.  I’m down with a reverse grip flower being the kryat dragon uppercut🤘🏻- i may just have to try and work in an arial pivot to give a little more homage to Street Fighter😉

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »

I tried to watch that vampire-series (Twilight?) with no Eclipse but the whole story made no sense...
Or is this the wrong thread?!...
 Roll Eyes

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 11:03:20 PM »

I tried to watch that vampire-series (Twilight?) with no Eclipse but the whole story made no sense...
Or is this the wrong thread?!...
 Roll Eyes
I don't think skipping any of the twilight movies could really be called a challenge. Watching them might be. If I were a cruel man, I would challenge people to watch the second one without fast forwarding. I don't know that it can be done if one is to preserve one's sanity.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »

I don't think skipping any of the twilight movies could really be called a challenge. Watching them might be. If I were a cruel man, I would challenge people to watch the second one without fast forwarding. I don't know that it can be done if one is to preserve one's sanity.

I will not be participating in this challenge. My sanity is questionable as it is.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 10:48:49 PM »

I will not be participating in this challenge. My sanity is questionable as it is.
I, too will respectfully decline this challenge.  Not for sanity’s sake- but because i don’t want to have to clean up projectile vomit from my entertainment wall👍🏻

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 06:34:48 AM »

I still can't believe more people haven't participated in this challenge. I tried. I failed, yet I learned. I also learned from watching the other two people that participated. I would still like to see more attempts at least. If you cant do a full 5 minutes,  just post what you can do.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »

didn't go 5 minutes, but my " Battle Meditation " video has no little flowers/plum blossoms in it on the first two Sets. Which is about 4 minutes long or so.  Grin

I'll give it an attempt this coming weekend, one clip beginning to end Smiley

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 02:35:57 PM »

didn't go 5 minutes, but my " Battle Meditation " video has no little flowers/plum blossoms in it on the first Set. Which is about 4 minutes long or so.  Grin

That video is actually what made me think about trying to revive this challenge. If I didn't already say it, that was an epic display.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »

thanks! I think for the 5 minutes I will go Spear mode. If I had a US Renegade, I'd use that. Next order perhaps.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »

I'd say for our next challenge (if it hasn't been done yet), you have to make another 3-5 minute video using only your non-dominate hand. To add extra challenge, it must include at least two aerial throws.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: