Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: The no eclypse challenge  (Read 17405 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2018, 01:09:41 AM »

lol.  0 for 2 Venturous.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2018, 01:35:27 AM »

lol.  0 for 2 Venturous.

I'm good at issuing challenges, not doing them apparently.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2018, 03:26:08 AM »

3 minutes? One take?  No mess ups?  Can’t do it.  Not with my right hand.  Well I could, but it would get awfully repetitive without any hand changes.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 03:41:40 AM »

Alright, I tried it.  It’s repetetive, I botched a few times, and I went to the Master Venturous school of timing things apparently.  To be honest I think I’d struggle to fill 3 minutes of interesting spinning without any hand changes regardless of which hand I’m using lol.  Maybe I’ll give it another shot later.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabYdGE_4RE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabYdGE_4RE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 04:42:38 AM »

Here is my only attempt at it. It was definitely harder than I thought it would be (that's what she said).

Edit: Just realized the video is only 2:55, soooo....FAIL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS7kWlnwja4&feature=youtu.be

Just realized the music and movements are epic, sooooo....... WIN!

Alright, I tried it.  It’s repetetive, I botched a few times, and I went to the Master Venturous school of timing things apparently.  To be honest I think I’d struggle to fill 3 minutes of interesting spinning without any hand changes regardless of which hand I’m using lol.  Maybe I’ll give it another shot later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabYdGE_4RE&feature=youtu.be

Nice! I never knew you were left handed. Still wouldn't have been able to guess.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2018, 08:36:08 AM »

I just think it’s rad that you guys did the thing and got some fresh footage in😁🤙🏻  I give Master V props just for attempting this one indoors!  If you didn’t notice, i totally knocked my glasses off (and scooped them up) while doing this slightly unwieldy wield.  If i had been indoors, i’m sure i’d have broken something😬 And Sam, i agree with Gar, your moves are still smoove like butter even with your off-hand🤘🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2018, 06:46:48 PM »

Still you guys look awesome even if you do have a hard time doing it. I would like to know what the exact rules are for this challenge. Are eclypse spins allowed in this challenge? Also, does someone have a tutorial or description of aerial throws? I think I know what they are, I'm just not positive.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2018, 10:17:11 PM »

Still you guys look awesome even if you do have a hard time doing it. I would like to know what the exact rules are for this challenge. Are eclypse spins allowed in this challenge? Also, does someone have a tutorial or description of aerial throws? I think I know what they are, I'm just not positive.

Yes you can do eclipse spins in this challenge. This is the challenge as I issued it:
Film for 3 to 5 minutes using only your non-dominant hand. You can do anything you want, as long as you do not use your dominant hand at all.

As for the aerials, an aerial is technically any move where you let go of the saber and catch it either in the same or opposite hand. I've done a video on the basics of them here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJpPj0t7-o&amp;index=24&amp;t=524s&amp;list=PLtxs8UJy21n7Sbsd1qRzzLrZO8zVh9mp_" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJpPj0t7-o&amp;index=24&amp;t=524s&amp;list=PLtxs8UJy21n7Sbsd1qRzzLrZO8zVh9mp_</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2018, 03:47:53 AM »

Yes you can do eclipse spins in this challenge. This is the challenge as I issued it:
Film for 3 to 5 minutes using only your non-dominant hand. You can do anything you want, as long as you do not use your dominant hand at all.

As for the aerials, an aerial is technically any move where you let go of the saber and catch it either in the same or opposite hand. I've done a video on the basics of them here:

Thanks for the video. That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if there was actually some certain throw that was an aerial or if they all were.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 12:43:09 AM »

Non dominant hand challenge. This video was originally about 10 minutes long but I edited it down to fit the song (and because it got repetitive). There was one drop I edited out when I discovered I could not do a neck wrap with my left reliably, otherwise it was straight through until my right hand finally decided to get apiece of the action. Not my best nor my cleanest work but I got sunburned doing it, so that is worth something I think.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-izEmAO_P8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-izEmAO_P8</a>

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 08:38:14 AM »

Non dominant hand challenge. This video was originally about 10 minutes long but I edited it down to fit the song (and because it got repetitive). There was one drop I edited out when I discovered I could not do a neck wrap with my left reliably, otherwise it was straight through until my right hand finally decided to get apiece of the action. Not my best nor my cleanest work but I got sunburned doing it, so that is worth something I think.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-izEmAO_P8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-izEmAO_P8</a>

I'm no expert, but after seeing this video, I think you could make quite a name for yourself in the saber community. Wink
I can see that I really need to focus on my foot movements (or lack of). What music is that? I like it.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »

Dig it, DC!🤙🏻  I think one of the hardest parts of the challenge was honestly “what the heck do i do with my dominant arm?!?” 🤣🤣 seriously, all throughout my right arm felt totally awkward.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2018, 12:22:53 AM »

Yea, I started off trying to keep mine behind my back and look dignified about it, but before I knew it was out front making like Mr Burns again.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »

Yea, I started off trying to keep mine behind my back and look dignified about it, but before I knew it was out front making like Mr Burns again.
🤣 right?! Perfect visual!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: