Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How long to charge via recharge port?  (Read 1035 times)
Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« on: April 19, 2018, 11:41:37 PM »

I received my first saber with a recharge port today, and I am wondering how best to use it.  How do you know when it is charged, how long to recharge for a full charge, is the US high speed charger a smart charger etc.  I know these are probably silly questions, but I don’t want to cause the battery pack issues on day one!

Thanks in advance, pics coming in next few days.

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 03:11:55 AM »

Based solely on memory and my own experience with my recharge port equipped sabers, you can pretty much plug it in and forget about it.  The documentation included with the 'fast' charger (made by a third party, not US) explains in more detail, but basically it claims to sense a full charge condition and shift to a trickle 'maintain' mode.  There's an LED on the charger that shows red while charging then shifts to green when full charge has been reached.  Time for recharge will obviously depend on the level of charge when you plug it in, but in my experience hasn't yet taken more than an hour or two.  Of course they could have changed suppliers (I bought my recharge port sabers in December) but I doubt it.  Anyway, others may know more but I thought I'd share my own limited data.  Happy sabering!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »

^ That's correct Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: